Windows 10: Windows 10 pro edition issue - error (0xc004c008)

Discus and support Windows 10 pro edition issue - error (0xc004c008) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I bought windows 10 pro edition license and defined it on of my laptop, after 1 month I bought a new laptop and I decided to migrate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ahmad Omran, May 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pro edition issue - error (0xc004c008)

Hello,

I bought windows 10 pro edition license and defined it on of my laptop, after 1 month I bought a new laptop and I decided to migrate the license from the old laptop to the new one, so I deleted the license from the old laptop using CMD command:

1- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16

2- cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus

3- cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey:<last five characters of product key>

After that the windows gave me message shown that the windows key has been deleted and I have to active it. which is mean the official key has been deleted from the old laptop.

but once I tried to active the new laptop's OS using the same license, I got an error message:

Windows 10 pro edition issue  - error (0xc004c008) e01b7d4d-fc25-44c5-8b27-fc5d4c792c57?upload=true.jpg

So please guide me how I can define the key on the new laptop.

Regards,

:)

Ahmad Omran, May 20, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, May 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro activation error 0xc004c008

Hello! I have a product key of windows 10 pro. Currently, I have procured a upgraded desktop device and now I want to reinstall my windows 10 pro with activation in the new device, but error code 0xc004c008 is popping up. What can be the probable solution
    for this?

AdnanShahab, May 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 pro edition issue - error (0xc004c008)

Can't Activate Windows 10 0xC004C008

Hi Francisco,

The error0xC004C008 usually occurs when the system detects that a hardware has been replaced or you've already used the product key on another device. To help you resolve the error message you're currently experiencing,
    I'd recommend that you follow the steps on this link
    on how to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change. It contains steps on how you'll be able to activate Windows 10 on your new machine.

If the issue persists after following the steps in the article, I'd suggest that you contact
    Microsoft customer support to help you further diagnose the issue.

Let me know should you have any other concerns.

Kristoffer Abs, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pro edition issue - error (0xc004c008)

1. Windows 10 pro edition issue - error (0xc004c008) - Similar Threads - pro edition issue

2. Win 10 Pro Activation issues. Errorcode 0XC004C008

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro Activation issues. Errorcode 0XC004C008: I made a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro Retail 22H2 on my new computer. used mobo and cpu and the rest is newAt installation I entered a Retail key I bought online through a Windows Partner connected company. I want to believe its legit.Anyway I get this message about...
  3. Win 10 Pro Activation issues. Errorcode 0XC004C008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro Activation issues. Errorcode 0XC004C008: I made a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro Retail 22H2 on my new computer. used mobo and cpu and the rest is newAt installation I entered a Retail key I bought online through a Windows Partner connected company. I want to believe its legit.Anyway I get this message about...
  4. Win 10 Pro Activation issues. Errorcode 0XC004C008

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error code 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xC004C008: I bought a new DVD of Windows 11 Pro, but it's displaying that the product was used previously on another device! I tried troubleshooting the activation, it keeps giving me the 0xc004c008 and "problem connecting to server" message. I disabled firewall and used cmd to...
  6. Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008

Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008: I recently built a Pc and got a defective motherboard, everything was fine until my motherboard started BSOD, so I decided to sent it back and ask for a refund since I could't access anything including the BIOS, I could not deactivate my Windows 10 Product Key. I got a new...
  7. Windows 10 Pro activation error 0xc004c008

Windows 10 Pro activation error 0xc004c008: Hello! I have a product key of windows 10 pro. Currently, I have procured a upgraded desktop device and now I want to reinstall my windows 10 pro with activation in the new device, but error code 0xc004c008 is popping up. What can be the probable solution for this?...
  8. Windows activation 0xC004C008

Windows activation 0xC004C008: Hello , i recently update my pc parts (mobo,cpu,ram) and formated my ssd and put windows 10 again to an m.2 nvme and kept the first ssd as a storage one. Once i set windows and log with my microsoft acc as administrator i could see my pc avitvated in the acc but windows were...
  9. Reactivating window 10 from broken harddisk (error code: 0xC004C008)

Reactivating window 10 from broken harddisk (error code: 0xC004C008): I have OEM license for Window 10 home edition. Recently, I changed my laptop's HDD because the old one is broken and had to reinstall a new window. When I inputted my license key it's said that it can't be used because it's already used on another device. Can I activate my...
  10. Windows 10 No longer Activated Error Code 0xC004C008

Windows 10 No longer Activated Error Code 0xC004C008: The most recent update to Windows 10 has caused my windows to say it is no longer activated. I activated it with my product key when i got my new computer, which was about a couple of months ago. From this time it has been activated with no problems, however after...
Tags: