Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Education licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello,I bought a HP mini PC with a license of Windows 10 Pro Education.I want to use this PC for my business. It is ok to use this PC with license of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lazealiviu, May 16, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

Hello,I bought a HP mini PC with a license of Windows 10 Pro Education.I want to use this PC for my business. It is ok to use this PC with license of Windows 10 Pro Education at my company?Thank you!

:)

lazealiviu, May 16, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. How can I convert Windows 10 Pro Education to Pro OEM?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is Windows 10 Pro Education Pre-installed on your computer?
    • Have you upgraded your computer from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Education? If so, do you still have the product key for Windows 10 Pro?
    Meanwhile, you may refer to the steps under Roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro section of this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 16, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

1. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing - Similar Threads - Pro Education licensing

2. Fresh install of digitally licensed windows 10 pro education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install of digitally licensed windows 10 pro education: Hello.I have a digitally licensed windows 10 pro education right now.I want to clean install the same edition but the same is not listed in the installation media tool.How do I continue?...
  3. Fresh install of digitally licensed windows 10 pro education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh install of digitally licensed windows 10 pro education: Hello.I have a digitally licensed windows 10 pro education right now.I want to clean install the same edition but the same is not listed in the installation media tool.How do I continue?...
  4. Fresh install of digitally licensed windows 10 pro education

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Education licensing: Hello,I bought a HP mini PC with a license of Windows 10 Pro Education.I want to use this PC for my business. It is ok to use this PC with license of Windows 10 Pro Education at my company?Thank you!...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Education licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Education licensing: Hello,I bought a HP mini PC with a license of Windows 10 Pro Education.I want to use this PC for my business. It is ok to use this PC with license of Windows 10 Pro Education at my company?Thank you!...
  7. Windows 10 Education license

Windows 10 Education license: Hi, I have windows education license digital license on my laptop. When I log in to Azure from my school account I see that I can download windows with product key. So I wonder if it's allowed to use that license on my desktop, because basically, I guess it isn't the same...
  8. Windows 10 Education License!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education License!: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Education on my laptop. And I've bought new PC and there was another Windows 10 Product. On that windows 10, I can't upgrade to Windows 10 Edu using my license. It notice me kinda "it's already use on another device." How can I upgrade? can't...
  9. Windows 10 Education License

Windows 10 Education License: I have installed Windows 10 Education when I was studied in my university. Can I still use it when I graduated from my university? and is it legal? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-education-license/c55dea88-1a53-45c3-8f50-39138a49906e"
  10. Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible?

Use Windows 10 Education license on Windows 10 Pro is possible?: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Education license and I would know if I can use it for a Windows 10 Pro installation. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-windows-10-education-license-on-windows-10-pro/f2ab2b27-b42f-4ee5-bc03-d229c45bc515"