Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Education Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Education Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Morning I have a HP 255 G7 with the Windows 10 Pro Education Version 1909. I want to update it to the version 2004 and after the October... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carlos Andre Marques, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro Education Update

Good Morning

I have a HP 255 G7 with the Windows 10 Pro Education Version 1909. I want to update it to the version 2004 and after the October version but the problem is it doesn't show on windows update. It is because is Pro Education version?

Please let me know...

Regards

Andre

:)

Carlos Andre Marques, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. How can I convert Windows 10 Pro Education to Pro OEM?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is Windows 10 Pro Education Pre-installed on your computer?
    • Have you upgraded your computer from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Education? If so, do you still have the product key for Windows 10 Pro?
    Meanwhile, you may refer to the steps under Roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro section of this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro Education Update

Andre Da Costa, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Education Update

1. Windows 10 Pro Education Update - Similar Threads - Pro Education Update

2. Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Education: How can I make Windows 10 Pro Education to Window 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-education/35e944e6-09f3-45d9-b583-faa9bda04212
  3. Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Education: How can I make Windows 10 Pro Education to Window 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-education/35e944e6-09f3-45d9-b583-faa9bda04212
  4. Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Education: Hi, I've been offered a HP 250 G7 laptop by a seller on one of the internet forums. This is a fairly low spec machine (TN screen, 4 GB ram, 128 Gb hdd and no cd/dvd drive) but is new and the price is attractive however one of the pictures he has posted shows it running...
  6. Updating to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Pro: Hey all, I built a PC recently and used Microsoft's USB installation media from my old PC to use with my new one. For some reason, my Windows 10 won't activate. I have the keys from the last PC and it simply won't work and I want to get rid of the watermark and be able to...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Education: Can someone point me to where I can find official documentation on the limitations of Windows 10 Pro Education (Not the same as Windows 10 Education)? For example, can it run 3rd party network services? I found MS documentation that states that it builds on Windows 10 Pro but...
  8. Windows 10 education to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 education to pro: I accidentally switched my personal computer (Surface Book) to Windows 10 Education through my university. I wanted to just download Office. Is there any way I can switch it back to Windows 10 Pro?...
  9. Windows 10 Automatically Downgraded Education to Pro Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Automatically Downgraded Education to Pro Education: Hello I'm running into an issue at work where half my fleet of new machines with Windows 10 Education 1809 is now downgraded to Windows 10 Pro Education. Why is this happening and how do I get regular Education back? The below image shows two machines that were imaged...
  10. Windows 10 Education Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education Pro: Hi sorry if this is the wrong forum, I read an article that states windows 10 pro users in education can upgrade to win10 pro education - Great I thought I registered on the business store applied for the free upgrade - the instructions for the upgrade would require me to...