Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Education

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Education in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Can someone point me to where I can find official documentation on the limitations of Windows 10 Pro Education (Not the same as Windows 10 Education)?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/redditNux, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro Education

Can someone point me to where I can find official documentation on the limitations of Windows 10 Pro Education (Not the same as Windows 10 Education)? For example, can it run 3rd party network services? I found MS documentation that states that it builds on Windows 10 Pro but I can seem to find if there are any limitations on it. Thanks

submitted by /u/redditNux
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/redditNux, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

Kari, Sep 3, 2020
  3. How can I convert Windows 10 Pro Education to Pro OEM?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is Windows 10 Pro Education Pre-installed on your computer?
    • Have you upgraded your computer from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Education? If so, do you still have the product key for Windows 10 Pro?
    Meanwhile, you may refer to the steps under Roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro section of this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro Education

Andre Da Costa, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Education

1. Windows 10 Pro Education - Similar Threads - Pro Education

2. I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....: If i install windows 10 pro version will it get activated by digital license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-window-10-pro-education-pre-installed-on-my/d9635cea-0f05-45fa-b40f-d74e9b5b6da6
  3. I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....: If i install windows 10 pro version will it get activated by digital license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-window-10-pro-education-pre-installed-on-my/d9635cea-0f05-45fa-b40f-d74e9b5b6da6
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage: Our district purchases Windows laptops that come with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. We are needing to move them to Windows 10 Education version. Due to these devices already being in the hands of staff we would prefer not to have to reimage them to get them onto Windows 10...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage: Our district purchases Windows laptops that come with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. We are needing to move them to Windows 10 Education version. Due to these devices already being in the hands of staff we would prefer not to have to reimage them to get them onto Windows 10...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro: I have installed Windows10, but. during the process I downloaded an education version by a mistake. Now I cannot activate Windows since I am not part of an education institution. Is it possible for me to buy a Windows Pro and upgrade my Windows installation,?...
  8. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro: I have installed Windows10, but. during the process I downloaded an education version by a mistake. Now I cannot activate Windows since I am not part of an education institution. Is it possible for me to buy a Windows Pro and upgrade my Windows installation,?...
  9. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Changing from oem windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 education pro Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing from oem windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 education pro Edition: Hi,I need to change the operating system Windows 10 Pro which was provided by the PC vendor as the default OEM os. However, because I want to set it up as a Kiosk, I would need to change the OS to the Windows 10 Education Pro edition.Is this possible? Does it incur additional...