Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro EFI corrupt after update

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro EFI corrupt after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I simply cannot boot my laptop after I updated yesterday. I can and did boot from Ubuntu Linux bootable flashdrive, LinuxMint on it. So I am in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PieterLouw1, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro EFI corrupt after update

I simply cannot boot my laptop after I updated yesterday.

I can and did boot from Ubuntu Linux bootable flashdrive, LinuxMint on it.

So I am in Linux, using my wifi and Firefox browser to write here.

I am signed into my online Microsoft account

How do I restart Windows from here and/or replace the EFI and get Windows 10 to reinstall, boot and run?

:)

PieterLouw1, Nov 14, 2019
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Windows 10 Pro EFI corrupt after update :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 14, 2019
  4. dictum Win User

Windows 10 Pro EFI corrupt after update

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro EFI corrupt after update

1. Windows 10 Pro EFI corrupt after update - Similar Threads - Pro EFI corrupt

2. Corrupted Windows 11 after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Windows 11 after update: Hi all, I have a problem with my win11, kindly assist. I updated my pc from win10 to win11. Whenever i start my pc, it is stuck at the loading stage, for hours with nothing happening, I've tried to fix it with dism which always ends at 56.9% with e4448, i also tried an sfc...
  3. Windows 10 update files are corrupted, Pro Ver 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update files are corrupted, Pro Ver 1909: Windows 10 files have been corrupted for several months on my Lenovo laptop for work even before update 21H2. Windows Update Repair app did not help. Update hangs and remains at a percentage for days!Using Update assistant did not work with same results, hangs and remains at...
  4. Corrupted windows 10 files after not expected update

Corrupted windows 10 files after not expected update: Hi so yesterday when i was turning off my pc it randomly started updating but i had in update settings to not update then when my pc updated i couldn´t turn on windows store, images, calendar my time cannot be changed and is stuck on year 2049 i tried sfc /scannow then DISM...
  5. Reinstalling corrupted Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling corrupted Windows 10 Pro: I got a new custom built PC for my son at Christmas with Windows 10 Pro installed. Last week, after a windows update, it stopped booting and gave the message "cannot find bootable device" in the BIOS. When I contacted the helpline of the company we bought it from, they said...
  6. Windows 10 corrupted after last update

Windows 10 corrupted after last update: I'm normally able to fix any issues after a bad Windows 10 update by looking up fixes online. This last update completely corrupted Windows so that I couldn't even get onto my computer. Ended up taking it to a professional, which cost me $120 to fix. He checked the entire...
  7. HDD Corrupted After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Corrupted After Windows Update: I read articles and answers on this topic, but ,ine is unique! about 3 weeks ago I was suggested to install a ready update and I agreed. towards end of the process, I read a message don't recall the exact message that 'something didn't go right. I wanted to restart the laptop...
  8. windows 10 corrupted after update

windows 10 corrupted after update: My window 10 has been corrupted severely after recent update in june. I am not able to access anything on my pc. Either the application error 0x0000005 or some file system error pops up. I have tried all the solutions available online. But none of them worked since even the...
  9. windows corrupted after update

windows corrupted after update: Hello last night my windows updated to the last version, today when I turned it on, the screen that tells ' windows updating, don't turn off the machine ' appeared but something was going wrong in the background . after some hours I tried to turn off the laptop manually and...
  10. corrupt windows 10 pro

corrupt windows 10 pro: Hello, Just wondered if anbody could offer any help/advice. My father in-law computer undated from windows 7 ultimate to 10 pro without him knowing ( I know it sounds daft, but true) he is 85 , anyway the problem is that he/me will have to do a full clean install, how...