Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro EFS files open very slowly over network

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro EFS files open very slowly over network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 Pro computers which until recently have been working OK. Then I noticed that it takes at least 30 seconds to open an encrypted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alan S Wortman, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro EFS files open very slowly over network

I have two Windows 10 Pro computers which until recently have been working OK.

Then I noticed that it takes at least 30 seconds to open an encrypted file on the other computer over the network. Unencrypted files open immediately. This happens both ways.

As a first step and following online instructions, I opened certmgr.msc to take a look at the EFS certificates and keys but the folder that's supposed to contain them Personal is empty on both computers. The certificate on each computer appears under "Home Machine Certificates". Is that right?

Is this what's causing my problem?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Alan

:)

Alan S Wortman, Sep 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Win 10 pro EFS Encrypting File System Problem (Dell)

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to start the Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for Encrypting File System (EFS) Service.
    • Double click on Encrypting File System (EFS) Service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    If the issue still persists then, I suggest you to post the same question in TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue. Follow the below link to post your question in TechNet forum.

Technet forums

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Windows 10 Pro EFS files open very slowly over network

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro EFS files open very slowly over network

1. Windows 10 Pro EFS files open very slowly over network - Similar Threads - Pro EFS files

2. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web sites open very very VERY slowly: I am using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. Quite usually it takes about 15-30 sec to load a page. I have very fast fiberoptics ~100mbps and also Linux Mint installed on the same machine and on Linux it is very fast. So it looks like that the problem with Windows settings.Any...
  3. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web sites open very very VERY slowly: I am using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. Quite usually it takes about 15-30 sec to load a page. I have very fast fiberoptics ~100mbps and also Linux Mint installed on the same machine and on Linux it is very fast. So it looks like that the problem with Windows settings.Any...
  4. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File dialog window opens very slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File dialog window opens very slowly: Dear Microsoft,File dialog box opens very slowly , it takes nearly 2 minutes to open the window. Please refer to attached screenshot for referencePlease guide me to resolve the issue....
  6. File dialog window opens very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File dialog window opens very slowly: Dear Microsoft,File dialog box opens very slowly , it takes nearly 2 minutes to open the window. Please refer to attached screenshot for referencePlease guide me to resolve the issue....
  7. File dialog window opens very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Snip & Sketch opening very slowly.

Snip & Sketch opening very slowly.: Hi, recently after updating Windows 10 my snip & sketch shortcut has not been opening a snip right after pressing the buttons. It used to be basically instant and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a background application. I only know this because I can bring back...
  9. Windows 10 is running very slowly.

Windows 10 is running very slowly.: HOw do I speed up Window s 10? Are there files I need to remove? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-running-very-slowly/2ab1c823-577b-4d2b-be05-e8ec6b9ddde2
  10. Excel files open very slowly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel files open very slowly: Hi, I have installed windows 10 pro a couple of days ago and I now experience a strange behavior from excel (office 2013). I suspect this worked when booting new OS for the first time. When I open any excel file from any location on any hard drive (ssd or hdd) it takes...