Windows 10: WIndows 10 Pro English USA vs English International version

Discus and support WIndows 10 Pro English USA vs English International version in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have purchased Windows 10 Pro from Amazon with the following label: "WIN PRO 10 32-BIT/64-BIT ENG INTL USB". I understand this is the international... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brian L237, Apr 30, 2019.

1. WIndows 10 Pro English USA vs English International version

I have purchased Windows 10 Pro from Amazon with the following label: "WIN PRO 10 32-BIT/64-BIT ENG INTL USB". I understand this is the international version but I live in the USA. What is the difference between the International and USA version? Can I use the International version in the USA? Is there a way to get the USA version if I prefer it?

Thanks,

Brian

:)

Brian L237, Apr 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 "English" or "International English" ?

I am trying to download Windows 10 ISO (November Update) from Tech-Bench (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench). In the language option there are two different option "English" and "International English". I am from India, which
    one should I choose?

What is the difference between English & International English? What is International English? Is it the UK/GB version of English? Which one is US version?

Bibhudutta Dash, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 - English International???

Windows 10 English International version means it is in British English, also known and delivered as Windows 10 EN-GB. Windows 10 English is then the US English version, also known and delivered as EN-US.

Differences are small, for instance while EN-GB lets you change desktop colours in Settings > Personalisation, in EN-US you'll change colors (note the missing u) in Settings > Personalization.

In addition, default region in EN-GB Windows is United Kingdom, default time zone British time, default keyboard layout English United Kingdom, clock is using 24 format and week starts on Monday.

In EN-US Windows default region is USA, time zone US Pacific Time (PST), keyboard layout English US, it uses 12 hour clock and week starts on Sunday.

Also some default formats differ (Celsius vs. Fahrenheit, metric vs. USC) and so on.

Same language with regional differences.

4. cereberus Win User

WIndows 10 Pro English USA vs English International version

Windows 10 - English International???

The language may be the same in terms of words (apart from spelling) but sometimes use of words in US English is like an alien language to us Brits - LOL.

As the legendary phrase says "Two nations divided by a common language" *Smile.

cereberus, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

WIndows 10 Pro English USA vs English International version

1. WIndows 10 Pro English USA vs English International version - Similar Threads - Pro English USA

2. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  3. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  4. Windows 11 English or English International ISO?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 English or English International ISO?: Quick question, Doing an Upgrade from Windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 with the ISO file. PC Health Check says I'm compatible but it's just not showing in Windows UpdateI'm from Canada, with the Display Language being set to the US With the Regional format and the preferred Language...
  5. Windows 11 English or English International ISO?

Windows 11 English or English International ISO?: Quick question, Doing an Upgrade from Windows 11 21H2 to 22H2 with the ISO file. PC Health Check says I'm compatible but it's just not showing in Windows UpdateI'm from Canada, with the Display Language being set to the US With the Regional format and the preferred Language...
  6. English version vs US version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    English version vs US version of Windows 10: I accidentally ordered the English UK version of Windows 10. Will I be able to set location and time to US? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-version-vs-us-version-of-windows-10/79338a2d-7986-4a20-8485-e0266e543f42
  7. Windows 10 English vs. English International – Which one to choose when?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 English vs. English International – Which one to choose when?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft allows you to install Windows 10 or reinstall Windows 10 using ISO file. Whenever you are downloading ISO file or creating an installation media, you will see options to select the language. Microsoft offers more than 100 languages which [...] This...
  8. English International Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    English International Keyboard: I had this in Windows 7 but do not find it in Windows 10. I tried the Spanish keyboard however it does not work. I have checked my settings agains the instructions and still it does not work. Can you please help me_ I just purchased Windows 10....
  9. WINDOWS 10 ENGLISH INTERNATIONAL OR US

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 ENGLISH INTERNATIONAL OR US: Hello You have explained as to why download English International for people uyse 10 in India but have you been asked how to enter @ with a UK Keyboard layout I had to format and reinstall Windows 7 U and...
  10. Windows 10 - English International???

Windows 10 - English International???: Hey guys,..I'm going to buy a retail W10 (Home) software today on a USB Flash Drive for a new build. The title of the product says Windows 10 English International. Now I'm confused. What does it mean exactly? I don't remember this on the version I bought a couple of years...