Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have PC's set up to run 24-7-365 that auto logon, and auto run a program, designed to be unmanned. I recently replaced windows 7 machines with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GlenStr, Apr 27, 2022.

1. GlenStr Win User

Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change

We have PC's set up to run 24-7-365 that auto logon, and auto run a program, designed to be unmanned. I recently replaced windows 7 machines with windows 10, set up both machines with same settings, no screensaver, lock screen checked off, screen and sleep set to never in settings, in secpol machine interactivity limit is not defined. Both were working fine when I set them up, powered them down, moved to new location, assigned new static IP addresses to them requiredOne of them started locking the screen, the other is fine. Logged into machine that was locking up at 7pm, reset screen & s

:)

GlenStr, Apr 27, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 27, 2022
  3. Shawn Brink, Apr 27, 2022
  4. sbpetrack Win User

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro  

I have succeeded to transform Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation into Windows 10 Pro, *without* losing my settings, files, or installed applications. One part of the process is the procedure described in this tutorial. There is a step which must be done beforehand, however; and I ran into one glitch which blocked me for quite some time:

The process is in two steps: first, upgrade the Enterprise Evaluation to the full Enterprise edition. You need the full Enterprise .iso or media to this. But you do NOT need any Enterprise key other than the publically available installation key. IMPORTANT: In order to be able to preserve apps, files, and settings during this part of the process, it is essential that the Enterprise installation .iso and the Enteprise Evaluation install to be transformed have **identical** default system UI language. If they do not, it is almost certainly easier to change the default system UI language of the running EnterpriseEval installation; but either one can be changed, they simply must agree. NOTE: This step results in an UNACTIVATED installaton of Win 10 Enterprise. This is not a problem; you'll use a valid Win10 Pro key at the end of the process to activate your Win 10 Pro installation.
    This part is accomplished as follows:

In your Enterprise Evaluation inastallation, go to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion; and change the value of registry key EditionID to"Enterprise"; change the value of registry key ProductName to "Windows 10 Enterprise".
    Then, insert a full Win 10 Enterpise installation .iso or media into a (real or virtual) drive, click setup, and let it keep your settings, files, and apps. This will only be possible if the system default UI language is the same. This is easily checked by applying one of the commands documented in ISO - See what Language, Edition, and Architecture of Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums to find the default system UI language of the installation media, and comparing that to the output of "dism /online /get-intl" in an elevated command prompt on the running enterprise eval installation. At some point during the install, you will be asked for a product key. Use the generic Windows 10 Enterprise installation key: NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43 . you will end up with an unactivated windows 10 Enterprise system -- but all of the apps files and settings of the previous Enterprise Eval will be with you.

Now we can apply the present tutorial. Strictly speaking, you won't be **changing** the product key, because the new system has none. And chances are that it will immediately begin to complain about the lack of activation. So you placate it by going to Settings-->Activation. Here you will see that the system cannot be activated until you enter a valid product key. What a coincidence, you just happen to have exactly that: You enter your valid Win 10 Pro product key into the installation, and you will immediately see the setting change to Windows 10 Pro. Congratulations!

Final Note: you are done now, but i noticed that in the registry , there was a key left at \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion -- the CompositionEditionID -- which has been left behind at EntepriseaEval. I assumne that this is harmless, but perhaps it should be changed to "Professional" for a Profesional finish. (pun intended)

Grateful acknowlegement is a made of Upgrade Windows 10 Evaluation to Full version easily
    It was the source of core of first step above. Also to the Windows Answer FIle Generator
    for the generic WIn 10 Enterprise installation key.

--scott

sbpetrack, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change - Similar Threads - Pro Enterprise keeps

2. Windows 10 keeps asking me to log in no matter what my settings are

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 keeps asking me to log in no matter what my settings are: Hi,I want Windows 10 to stop asking me to sign in with my long and rather complicated password. I have run "netplwiz" and unticked the "Users must enter a username and password for this computer". I have also gone to the sign in options page and disabled any sign in options....
  3. Windows 10 keeps asking me to log in no matter what my settings are

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps asking me to log in no matter what my settings are: Hi,I want Windows 10 to stop asking me to sign in with my long and rather complicated password. I have run "netplwiz" and unticked the "Users must enter a username and password for this computer". I have also gone to the sign in options page and disabled any sign in options....
  4. Windows 10 keeps asking me to log in no matter what my settings are

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change: We have PC's set up to run 24-7-365 that auto logon, and auto run a program, designed to be unmanned. I recently replaced windows 7 machines with windows 10, set up both machines with same settings, no screensaver, lock screen checked off, screen and sleep set to never in...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro Enterprise keeps locking no matter what settings I change: We have PC's set up to run 24-7-365 that auto logon, and auto run a program, designed to be unmanned. I recently replaced windows 7 machines with windows 10, set up both machines with same settings, no screensaver, lock screen checked off, screen and sleep set to never in...
  7. Windows 10 Settings not opening, no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings not opening, no matter what I do.: Yeah, it's not working with all the methods that were recommended, such as making a new admin user, resetting it through powershell and so on. I can't even open App Settings to fix it either. I don't know if it was me turning on 2-step authentication, but i'm starting to...
  8. Computer keeps locking after 2 minutes no matter what settings I choose. How to change time...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps locking after 2 minutes no matter what settings I choose. How to change time...: I have been getting more progressively frustrated at this issue as the weeks in lock-down have progressed. If I step away from the PC for more than 2 minutes it will lock me out and I will have to reenter my password. Power and sleep settings are set to turn off screen after...
  9. Windows settings won't change language no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows settings won't change language no matter what I do.: I've installed Windows with a iso stick which only had my local language option however I want to use english. I've done the clean-up routine, went into the administrative settings, changed the display language nothing works, I'm lost please help. submitted by...
  10. Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Open With will not change, no matter what I try: Help me please. I've tried registry editing, muicache deleting, ccleaning, googled it out my ears, but nothing will let me clear the open with, or change any of the files that show in the list. If I right click and open with, and choose a new program (with choose another...