Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after motherboard change. PC is HP Pavilion PC originally with Windows 7 Home Premium OA India with Product Key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BimalKumarM, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change

Hi

I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after motherboard change.

PC is HP Pavilion PC originally with Windows 7 Home Premium OA India with Product Key available on the Pack. Later I had opted for automatic upgrade to Windows 10 and unfortunately I do not remember whether or not I have tied the digital key to my Microsoft account. The motherboard had to be changed new motherboard Zebronics G41-D3 with pack now due to a crash after which I cannot activate the Windows. The errors are 0xC004F211 and 0x800704CF. The old product key Win 7 is not being accepted. Is there any way this installation can be activated without purchasing a new licence?

The windows script output slmgr.vbs /dlv is shown below.

Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change d367a842-8f90-44f0-be56-fa52b48434ce?upload=true.png

Regards

:)

BimalKumarM, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Graf Dyon Win User

Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Liam Ryan Win User
    win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change

win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change, I had it linked to my microsoft account before the change, it has a digital licence as it was an upgrade from 8.1

Liam Ryan, Jan 25, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

Yet it didn't, hence the suggestion. But again, if you have the Pro key you could use that.

And that link bro67 posted is a clear a mud so hopefully he understands what he posted it and can apply it to your issue.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change

1. Windows 10 Pro ex Win 7 Activation after Motherboard Change - Similar Threads - Pro Activation Motherboard

2. Problem with reactivation of Win 10 Pro after motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with reactivation of Win 10 Pro after motherboard change.: The short version is: I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro from online free upgrade years ago. I don't have a product key. I just changed motherboards old one died and tried to reactivate windows via the Troubleshooter/Hardware change. It asks me for my Microsoft password,...
  3. Win 10 activation problem after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 activation problem after motherboard change: Hi, I have just replaced ONLY the motherboard of my system (Win 10 Pro 1809) and could not activate with error code 0xC004F213. I have already linked my Microsoft account with the activation status showing "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  4. ACTIVATING WIN 10 AFTER MOTHERBOARD CHANGE

ACTIVATING WIN 10 AFTER MOTHERBOARD CHANGE: Had to change out my motherboard and CPU and now trying to activate Win 10 but not able to do so !!! Have a 'Digital Licence' received after upgrading Win 7 to Win 10 during the free offer. Have tried the troubleshooter - this just goes in circles and tells me to try later -...
  5. Can't activate windows 10 pro after a motherboard change

Can't activate windows 10 pro after a motherboard change: Hi everyone, I'm trying to get windows 10 pro activated again. I have two devices registered on my Microsoft account. This PC with windows 10 pro, which was a free update from windows 7 pro, and more recently a laptop which has windows 10 home. I changed my motherboard and...
  6. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  7. Cant activate windows 10 pro after motherboard change .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant activate windows 10 pro after motherboard change .: hey, followed the steps ,nothing ,my liscence is digitally connected to my microsoft account ,got error code ,did some search ,logged in my microsoft account and show two Pc`s identical so i removed the one with the old motherboard ,now i try to activate and troubleshoot will...
  8. win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change

win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change: win 10 pro will not activate after motherboard change, I had it linked to my microsoft account before the change, it has a digital licence as it was an upgrade from 8.1...
  9. Win 10 activation after changing motherboard

Win 10 activation after changing motherboard: Dear Manager, I just replaced a motherboard of the same brand. I activated Win 10 on the old motherboard with FPP USB version, and then I sent that motherboard to its A/S. Finally I received a new one. So, I am not able to access my old motherboard any more. Could you...
  10. Re-activation after motherboard change on a Win 10 with the free upgrade from win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activation after motherboard change on a Win 10 with the free upgrade from win 7: I have recently upgraded my motherboard on a system which had genuine win 7 that got the free upgrade to win 10. Now it asks for activation but I don't have a valid win 10 key and on the troubleshooting page it says the ones that upgraded from Win 7 got the "digital license",...