Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi folks! I've been having issues for years since I upgraded from win7 pro to win10 pro with random BSOD, and more recently in the last six months or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Mandabar, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Mandabar Win User

Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep

Hi folks! I've been having issues for years since I upgraded from win7 pro to win10 pro with random BSOD, and more recently in the last six months or so with always fail to install windows upgrades. With the recent major zero day exploit released I saw on the news I buckled down and tried to get it working. SFC scans and DISM failed and couldn't fix the issue, but luckily enough I saw someone suggest a repair install, an in place upgrade.

Awesome solution, since that was the biggest thing keeping me from doing a reinstall was the hassle of my thing going again. Laziness I know. Anyways I did the in place upgrade repair install and everything seems to be great. Windows updates work (more or less), and I haven't had a random BSOD yet (fingers crossed). Been going about a week now.

My one major issue is the secondary monitor receives no signal after resuming from sleep. I have no idea what could be causing this. After a restart or shutdown it works fine till I put the computer sleep. Even if the computer puts the displays to sleep after x minutes of inactivity, they both come back when I start some activity/press a key.

I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this at the moment since I did what I could think of. NVIDIA Driver re-install, checked device manager and etc. Be happy to do everything again or anything suggested.

Some pertinent info perhaps.
    Monitor is running on a VGA cable
    I'm on version 1909 (OS Build 18363.535) of Windows 10 Pro

Edit: Ah, I should add that if after it resumes from sleep I use the windows key + P I can choose to extend the desktop again to the 2nd monitor, but the monitor fails to show up in display settings.

:)

Mandabar, Jan 23, 2020

2. Error: No signal on second monitor after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience caused to you with accessing the second monitor, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers.

As you have already tried to update the drivers and issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for second monitor and re0install them from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Also, contact the manufacturer's website and try to install those drivers for your device.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa
    and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Elmer San Win User
    Second Monitor has No Signal

Hi,

To assist you further with your concern about no signal on your second monitor, we would like to get some information from you:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you try to check if the second monitor will work if installed as the primary monitor?
    • Aside from checking the cables, did you try to use a different cable?
    • Are the right monitor drivers installed on your computer?
    • Does your video card has the right settings for using two monitors?
    • Did you update your video card driver?

We are waiting for your reply.

Elmer San, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep

Second Monitor has No Signal

I recently updated my computer to windows 10 and bought new monitors but I can't get my second monitor to receive any signal. One monitor is connected directly to my vga port but the other monitor is plugged into a DVI-I port with a vga to DVI-I adapter.
    My desktop recognizes that there is a second monitor and I've checked both the cords and the adapter for the monitor several times. I've looked at several forums and tried every setting I can think of but even though the monitor is set to extended it still
    doesn't get any signal even though windows can be dragged into that monitor.

court_shields, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep

1. Windows 10 Pro fails to send signal to second monitor after sleep - Similar Threads - Pro fails send

2. laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor: My monitor made a weird glitch in which I unplugged the HDMI cable from the ASUS laptop and Dell monitor. However, after reconnecting the monitor, it kept saying no signal. I then plugged a different monitor in with a different HDMI cable but it’s still doesn’t want to work....
  3. Computer not sending signal to monitor on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not sending signal to monitor on Windows 11: Hi everyone,I've been having connectivity issues and was wondering if someone could help me out.My computer is not sending signal to my monitor. I've updated recently to Windows 11 a month ago but cannot roll-back to Windows 10.To sum-up the issue, when I plug-in my computer...
  4. Computer not sending signal to monitor on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not sending signal to monitor on Windows 11: Hi everyone,I've been having connectivity issues and was wondering if someone could help me out.My computer is not sending signal to my monitor. I've updated recently to Windows 11 a month ago but cannot roll-back to Windows 10.To sum-up the issue, when I plug-in my computer...
  5. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  6. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  7. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Monitor goes to no signal after a couple of seconds after startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor goes to no signal after a couple of seconds after startup: Hello everyone. My old PC was running a bit slow so I thought cleaning it off would help. I unplugged the graphics card from the motherboard and also removed a fan from a graphics card itself and cleaned only a fan with a bit wet towel there was no water damage for sure then...
  9. Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade: Hello everyone, I got a kinda weird problem. I have been using this desktop computer for more than 2 years without issue. It came preinstalled with Windows 10 home. Recently, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from windows 10 home. The upgrade went well until the...
  10. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 second monitor no signal: Hello, I haven't been able to get my second monitor working after doing a clean install of windows 10. It is detected in the windows display settings and has the correct resolution but it says no input on the second monitor. The only problem I've noticed is in the nvidia...