Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro fails to update past 1809

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro fails to update past 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I consider myself to be a very well-versed Windows 10 user and even I cannot figure out why I cannot update my OS past 1809 even with all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrentMurphree, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro fails to update past 1809

I consider myself to be a very well-versed Windows 10 user and even I cannot figure out why I cannot update my OS past 1809 even with all of the hardware unplugged. The only way that I personally know of to update my OS is to reformat, and I can't do that because I have software installed on this computer that I do not have the license key for any longer due to some flooding and I would end up having to spend over $2000 just to buy the exact same software I use now. I went through the documentation and forums and created a ZIP file that contains the log files from the Panther folder, and there were no log files in the Rollback folder that are commonly asked for on this website. The log file was quite large but compressed down to 1.5MB after using WinRAR on it file is in zip format still though for sake of compatibility. If someone could look at my log files and help me determine why I've never been able to update past 1809 I would appreciate it as I have now had to format multiple computers since updates past 1809 have been released because each computer would have a hard drive plugged into it that was being used as a page file storage drive which did not allow the ability to upgrade, and frankly I'm just tired of having to format one of my computers every time a major OS update is released. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to any answers someone might have.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgIFpORsXohyixNOIM92AAmkp40l?e=oJxu48

:)

BrentMurphree, Aug 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 8, 2020
  3. qwizzie Win User
    Windows 10 update version 1809 fails to install and reverts back to version 1803 on my Surface Pro (5th) with windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 update version 1809 fails to install through Windows Update and reverts back to version 1803 on my Surface Pro (5th gen) with Windows 10 Pro. I also tried to manually install this update by deleting the Windows Update folder (Windows/SoftwareDistribution)
    and downloading update 1809 from the Windows 10 Downloads site (Windows10Upgrade9252.exe).

Same problem : Download ok, install hangs at 84%, hits black screen, restarts the pc and reverts OS back to 1803.

After deleting the windows Update folder and eventhough this update 1809 failed to install, it does not show up as failed anymore and is also not found through Windows Update anymore.

Trouble Shooting through the Windows Update Problem Solution (wu10.diagcab)

Found Problems

Possible error in the Windows Update-database detected : Detected

Damaged Windows Update-database recovery : Not executed

Windows Update-parts need to be restored : Solved

Windows Update-parts recovery : Not executed
    Controle in process updates : Solved

Updates in process download and install : Finished

Found Problems

Possible error in the Windows Update-database detected : Detected

The system kan possibly not be updated through Windows Update because of possible problems

Windows Update-parts need to be restored : Solved

One or more Windows Update-parts are incorrectly configured
    Control in process updates : Solved

* Any suggestions on how to have this update 1809 installed correctly on my Surface Pro (5th gen?)

* Some of my windows updates get installed in the Programs and Parts list, not in the Installed Updates list

(KB4023057 for example), Why is this happening and could this form a problem with updating to version 1809 ?

qwizzie, Aug 8, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows 10 Pro fails to update past 1809

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro fails to update past 1809

1. Windows 10 Pro fails to update past 1809 - Similar Threads - Pro fails update

2. Windows 10 Enterprise will not update past 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise will not update past 1809: HELP!! I need to update my Windows 10 Enterprise so that my Adobe programs will work. Adobe CC states my system needs to be upgraded to at least version 1903. When I use the Windows Update, it says I am current. Online I can see versions 1903 and 1909, etc. but my system...
  3. Failed Update to Windows 10 Version 1809

Failed Update to Windows 10 Version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10, version 1809. version 17763.1518. The update to the next version always fails. I get a message that says We couldn't install Windows 10 0xC1900 101-0x40017, Failed in Second Boot phase with an error during boot operation. I ran the...
  4. Unable to update past windows 10 update 1809

Unable to update past windows 10 update 1809: Hello, as mentioned in my subject title, I'm unable to update past windows 10 update 1809. When ever I try to run the update checker, it takes a while and fails giving the error code 0x80080005. The OS build I have on this system is 17763.864. I have also tried many other...
  5. Windows 10 update 1809 failed

Windows 10 update 1809 failed: So there is something strange going on with my windows 10 update. Here the history states that I updated to version 1903. But for some reason my OS says I'm still on 1809. So it is trying to download the 1809 updates. I don't know how to fix this. I tried to do a recovery but...
  6. Windows 10 Update Installation Fails 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Installation Fails 1809: OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Version: 10.0.17763 Build 17763 I've had this problem for a while now, Every time I boot my computer it tries to install updates and gives me a blue screen that says: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer"...
  7. Windows 10 pro 1809 to 1903 update fails

Windows 10 pro 1809 to 1903 update fails: 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4497934) - Error 0x8e5e0147 I have run DISM and Sfc Disabled firewall and viurs. Tried the The Update Assistant downloaded for offline install every time same error. "There were problems...
  8. Windows 1809 Update fails.

Windows 1809 Update fails.: Hi, My Toshiba Satellite P55t won't install the 1809 update. Multiple automatic updates have failed. When I try to update via the manual Windows update tool, here's what happens: After the initial phase, the system reboots normally. In the next phase (without the...
  9. 1809 update failed

1809 update failed: I tried to install the 1809 update yesterday using the Windows 10 update assistant. My computer was restarting had had reached 84% complete after nearly 5 hours of downloading and installing. When I came back to check on it a few minutes latter it was displaying the message...
  10. Windows 10 update 1809 keeps failing

Windows 10 update 1809 keeps failing: Hi, Since update 1809 is being rolled out my laptop keeps prompting me to install the update. Only it fails doing so and keeps asking to install the update again. I have tried using the windows creation tool, the microsoft assistent and reinstalling windows 10 but the...