Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - File compression format does not show in status bar

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - File compression format does not show in status bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Direct draw surface is a file type created by Microsoft for video games. When you highlight a file, no compression information is available. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Haunted1, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Haunted1 Win User

Windows 10 Pro - File compression format does not show in status bar

Direct draw surface is a file type created by Microsoft for video games. When you highlight a file, no compression information is available. For example, DXT1, DXT3, DXT5 which are various methods of block compression for .dds files.

All information being indexed and details pane does not show this information. Right clicking and going to properties and then details does not show it either.

When dealing with hundreds of these files it would be nice to have this simple information indexed and available on the status bar. Particularly important for Skyrim and other Bethesda game modders.

As far as I know the same would hold true for other types of file compression for photos, audio, and video which would then be important for many more Windows 10 users and even professionals. This is information that was available by simply highlighting a file and looking at the status bar in Windows 7.

An option to have more metadata, EXIF data, and file compression indexed and viewable in Windows 10 status bar would be nice for a lot of people! :

:)

Haunted1, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Jan 22, 2021
  3. tater1955 Win User

The link says for Office 2000 and 2003. Will this work for 2007?

tater1955, Jan 22, 2021
  4. tater1955 Win User

But does it work for Office 2007?

tater1955, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro - File compression format does not show in status bar - Similar Threads - Pro File compression

2. Why does my file not compress?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my file not compress?: So I am trying to put a folder into a zip file, it puts up a window that says compressing, the other day it compressed fine, now it is just stuck on 'compressing'...
  3. Why does my file not compress?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my file not compress?: So I am trying to put a folder into a zip file, it puts up a window that says compressing, the other day it compressed fine, now it is just stuck on 'compressing'...
  4. sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file: sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-icon-showing-on-status-bar-but-not-overlay-on/cfd194b4-6062-48cd-abe3-b75e1adee4fb
  5. sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file: sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-icon-showing-on-status-bar-but-not-overlay-on/cfd194b4-6062-48cd-abe3-b75e1adee4fb
  6. sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 search bar is compressed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar is compressed: If I type something on the file explorer search bar, it gets compressed and I can’t see what I’m typing. Same thing for the control panel. Is it possible to resize the search bar or is it just a bug? https://imgur.com/a/Sf166NX submitted by /u/Muzziken [link] [comments]...
  8. Win 10 Pro 10.0.17763.348 (1809) File Explorer Status Bar is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Pro 10.0.17763.348 (1809) File Explorer Status Bar is gone: File explorer status bar has disappeared. I've tried scannow and dism, tried "repair upgrade", then repeated. I also checked ALL valuers of "ShowStatusBar" in the registry - all are set to "1"....
  9. Win 10 Pro 10.0.17763 File Explorer Status Bar is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Pro 10.0.17763 File Explorer Status Bar is gone: Changing "Show status bar" in advance settings does nothing. The reg key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced is set to 1. I recently did a "repair upgrade" because system seemed slower than it should be, other issues. Status bar...
  10. Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 The status bar at the bottom of File Explorer will show you how many items are in and selected for the currently opened folder. The two buttons...