Windows 10: Windows 10 pro file/fold across wifi LAN to multiple laptops???

Discus and support Windows 10 pro file/fold across wifi LAN to multiple laptops??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day! I have a need to work from a desktop, hard wired, transferring files/folders, etc. to 10 laptops connected via the wifi. The idea is, go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by srlake314, Aug 1, 2019.

1. srlake314 Win User

Windows 10 pro file/fold across wifi LAN to multiple laptops???

Good day!

I have a need to work from a desktop, hard wired, transferring files/folders, etc. to 10 laptops connected via the wifi. The idea is, go into window's explorer, drag and drop the file/folders needed onto each of the laptop's D: drive without having to go to each laptop and accept the file transfer. The desktop is technically the admin, but I'm not currently able to see each of the laptops. I've enabled file and sharing from all the laptops, so I'm not sure why I'm unable to see them.

Is there a simple way of doing what I described without purchasing additional softwares?

:)

srlake314, Aug 1, 2019
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Aug 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 1, 2019
  4. stevenc47 Win User

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not sure whether it's a Windows problem or Netgear problem. Any suggestions would be helpful.

stevenc47, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pro file/fold across wifi LAN to multiple laptops??? - Similar Threads - pro file fold

2. Windows 11 Pro - Screen Saver across multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro - Screen Saver across multiple monitors: Hi,Seems like this cannot be done when using Photos for screensavers. No matter where I look, I find the same instructions, and they do not work. The photos only show on my "main" monitor but not on the others. Is there a fix to this now?...
  3. Windows 11 Pro - Screen Saver across multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro - Screen Saver across multiple monitors: Hi,Seems like this cannot be done when using Photos for screensavers. No matter where I look, I find the same instructions, and they do not work. The photos only show on my "main" monitor but not on the others. Is there a fix to this now?...
  4. Folding At Home on a Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Folding At Home on a Laptop: Windows 10 x64 21H1, build 19043.899 Hello all, I have a question for all of you. I started running Folding At Home on my laptop. I know that this is said to not always be a good idea because of the heat generated, however, I am wondering if it is still a problem on my setup....
  5. Automating search-replace across multiple files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Automating search-replace across multiple files?: I need to replace a text entry in the header of multiple .wav files. The header text is in 16-bit format, so in the HxD editor each character appears as two bytes: q 113 00 = 61 00 " 34 00 2 50 00 7 55 00 " 34 00 Across dozens of files, I need to change the...
  6. Windows 10 Pro. LAN and WIFI connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro. LAN and WIFI connection.: Interfere in asking. my laptop to install windows 10 Pro. Can not connect LAN with WiFi at the same time. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-lan-and-wifi-connection/dea5739e-84ff-4749-9096-d83935451881
  7. Wifi disconnecting and needing restart across multiple adapters

Wifi disconnecting and needing restart across multiple adapters: Hey everyone, something weird has been going on in the last few weeks with my wifi adapters, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I was having this problem where I would randomly disconnect from the network, but I could rejoin no problem, and then that turned into my adapter...
  8. Windows 10 Insider, Explorer stops responding accessing files across LAN.

Windows 10 Insider, Explorer stops responding accessing files across LAN.: I have a main PC and a laptop, both running the latest Insider build, 19619. Attempting to copy files from on to the other is ridiculous : The file transfer speed varies from 10-20meg a second down to zero. Other times Explorer simple goes 'not responding' for minutes at...
  9. Tables of Contents Across Multiple Files

Tables of Contents Across Multiple Files: How do I create a table of contents that includes many files? I need to know how to tell Word the other file names, and where I enter that info,. Thanks!...
  10. Sharing Files Across a Private WiFi Network Between Windows 10 pro and Windows 7 pro Computers

Sharing Files Across a Private WiFi Network Between Windows 10 pro and Windows 7 pro Computers: I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 pro. I updated the computer with the latest Windows update (the so called "April" or "May" update). I have an older computer on my home network running Windows 7 pro. I wanted to share files between the computers over the...