Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Activation After Motherboard Failure and Replacement

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Activation After Motherboard Failure and Replacement in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'd like to know two things. How to clean install Windows 10 Pro for Workstation since upgrade purchase from Microsoft Store results in only a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kalisjr, Feb 3, 2021.

1. kalisjr Win User

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Activation After Motherboard Failure and Replacement

I'd like to know two things.

How to clean install Windows 10 Pro for Workstation since upgrade purchase from Microsoft Store results in only a receipt and evidence a transaction has taken place. I tried to install from Media Creation Tool as the activation department suggests but no such option is offered by that tool. I'd like an ISO source I can use to reinstall.

Then after the upgrade purchase of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation from Microsoft Store what product key do I use to reinstall?

I had Windows 10 Pro then purchased Windows 10 Pro for Workstation motherboard died electrical damage from a storm after activation of the product purchased from Microsoft Store on Jan. 11 2021 but upon boot after motherboard replace login on my windows install is showing Windows 10 Pro for Workstations not activated. I expected this to be the case since I was forced to replace the motherboard. But what I was not prepared from was the point of no return on the resolution of this problem.

It appears the activation department transfers all calls to technical support who then transfer the call to Microsoft Store to get confirmation the product was purchased and I hold a valid digital license which I'm told by both the activation department and the technical support department must occur before they can assist in resolution. However, once I get to the right person at the Microsoft Store which takes an act of God they simply say yep your good to go and transfer you to the activation department who then says they must transfer you to the technical support for Microsoft Store to get confirmation you hold a valid digital license and then, in turn, do the same sending me back to Microsoft Store to confirm all over again I hold a valid digital license but this time I ask them to give me something the activation department or Microsoft Store technical support department can use to help me get my Windows Activated again with the replacement motherboard. I'm told the purchases on the Microsoft Store do not produce product keys or any ID key these departments can use and that I'm just going to have to get transferred by them to the right people in order to get a surrogate key to activate my Windows 10 Pro for Workstations.

This is the craziest way to handle this problem, firstly the most costly for Microsoft operationally I can imagine. For a company that advises over a billion clients and speaks of technical solutions, they can't engineer a better process than this making them look like the biggest idiots on planet earth and more so hypocrites of their own propaganda. Since when did Microsoft become worse than banks doing business as governments and create a process so bureaucratic that it appears it was intentionally done to the point said customer would just get frustrated and purchase all over again?

Every support representative is from India and does everything they can to get you off the phone if you fall outside the context of their script. People from India are not the best suited to support Americans in my opinion because of the culture here being so vastly different than theirs. Because of the heavy eastern accent conveying words, letters, and numbers from them to Americans is far worse than Americans attempting to do the same with each other creating the most inefficient process known to man and of all companies, Microsoft kind of PC can't solve. BS I'm not buying it, it's utter laziness and disdain for their customers for Microsoft to be so reckless and wasteful in dollars with their support.

To make the process much better I suggest zero phone call and all e-mail so there is zero error in bridging this great communication divide.

I understand shipping tech support jobs to India is by assumption the most profitable thing for any American company to do but double-check that line of thinking because this problem is still unsolved and I've got over 11 case numbers and 42 hours trying to solve this simple problem. If every call is like this Microsoft and other foolish American companies are spending 10 times more than American workers cost them and it escapes me who moving jobs from America to India is thought of as a money saver when customers like myself are to wits end never want to do business with you again over the massive amount of time it's taken to do something no more than 30 seconds could accomplish.

I'd like to get a resolution on this or I'm going to use this and the many e-mails I've sent to Paypal to get a refund on my purchase of the digital product I never got a chance to use. Yes there is so much wrong here that even Microsoft can't do one simple thing right like post-Microsoft Store Phone Numbers or Hours of Operation By Time Zone something so simple on the internet and optimize SEO so people using a search engine that reads. Microsoft Store Support Hours of Operation.

What in the world has happened to this company they have gotten so careless, reckless, wasteful, costly of their customers time and lazy to the point the support people are threatening to hang up when all we're trying to do is understand this crazy support process they incorporate now.

People all of them so rude and evil. I won't be recommending Microsoft to anyone anymore it's crazy how bad they have become.

Is there anyone competent enough to solve this simple problem?

If not I'm done and getting a refund from Paypal. For gods sake provide a stupid product key for Windows 10 Pro For Workstations even if one is not needed so people who have to repair their systems can get Windows back up and running without having to waste over a week of their lives.

Thanks,

:)

kalisjr, Feb 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations full install choice

Just bought the Windows 10 Pro for Workstations version and I do not see "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" in the list within the
    Media Creation Tool. I loaded Windows 10 Pro than put the activation key in later. Is there a full "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" download or is this way to
    install just as good?

Thanks

George

GeorgeClasen, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Re-activation of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation

Hi,

I bought Windows 10 Pro retail product key from Amazon. It works well. I also linked it to my Microsoft account ("windows is activated with digital license linked to your microsoft account")

After that, I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for Workstation in Windows Store. But I do not receive any product key for Windows 10 Pro for workstation.

If somehow I reinstall or install on other computer, how can I activate Windows 10 Pro for Workstation ? I supposed I can transfer the license of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation to other computer, am I right ?

Lương Minh Trí, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Activation After Motherboard Failure and Replacement

Versions of Windows 10 Pro for Workstations?

It's just listed the once as Windows 10 Professional for Workstations on my Visual Studio Windows 10 Business ISO. And I only have the one set of Product Codes for Pro for Workstations. I've run it, can't remeber if I've even clean installed it though?
    Windows 10 (business edition), version 1803 (Updated Sep 2018) (x64) - DVD (English)

For this multi-edition Business media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product keys will also activate the VL multi-edition media.

This multi-edition Business media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N
    Windows 10 Enterprise
    Windows 10 Enterprise N

Released: 9/18/2018
    SHA1: D302D2E752C01E53996AE292A8DD4CDF49916BAD
    File name: en_windows_10_business_edition_version_1803_updated_sep_2018_x64_dvd_37051f54.iso

Windows 10 (consumer edition), version 1803 (Updated Sep 2018) (x64) - DVD (English)
    For this multi-edition Consumer media, use a product key specific to the edition in the list you want to activate.

From the desktop, select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Activation. Select Change product key and enter your product key. If the key is valid, you'll be asked to confirm the edition change, and Windows then performs it for you.

Windows 10 Professional, version 1709 or newer, will need to be installed before using the Window 10 Pro for Workstations product key to activate the edition. BothWindows 10 Professional and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations product keys will activate Windows 10 Professional, version 1709 or newer media.

This multi-edition Consumer media includes the following editions:
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 Home N
    Windows 10 Pro
    Windows 10 Pro N
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations N
    Windows 10 Pro Education
    Windows 10 Pro Education N
    Windows 10 Core Single Language
    Windows 10 Education
    Windows 10 Education N

Released: 9/18/2018
    SHA1: 0208398915C08FE03F6C63FAEA9DCC9BBBD00532
    File name: en_windows_10_consumer_edition_version_1803_updated_sep_2018_x64_dvd_69339216.iso

alphanumeric, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Activation After Motherboard Failure and Replacement

1. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Activation After Motherboard Failure and Replacement - Similar Threads - Pro Workstations Activation

2. Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.: If memory serves, I did a free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 shortly after it became available. I believe this was a download from the internet and I have a thumbdrive labeled Win10 that dates from that update. There was never any factory packaging and any e-mails for that...
  3. Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.: If memory serves, I did a free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 shortly after it became available. I believe this was a download from the internet and I have a thumbdrive labeled Win10 that dates from that update. There was never any factory packaging and any e-mails for that...
  4. Windows 10 pro activation after motherboard replacement.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation of Windows 10 Pro after motherboard failure and replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Windows 10 Pro after motherboard failure and replacement: I am the original owner of an Intel PC that I purchased off Amazon with a fully activated version of Windows 10 Pro OEM. My computer died completely and Intel sent me a new motherboard but it will not accept the Product Key any longer. Do I really have to buy a new version of...
  6. Activation of Windows 10 Pro after motherboard failure and replacement

Activation of Windows 10 Pro after motherboard failure and replacement: I am the original owner of an Intel PC that I purchased off Amazon with a fully activated version of Windows 10 Pro OEM. My computer died completely and Intel sent me a new motherboard but it will not accept the Product Key any longer. Do I really have to buy a new version of...
  7. Activation of Windows 10 Pro after motherboard failure and replacement

8. Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement: I just received my HP PC back after the motherboard was replaced. The PC was initially set up with Windows 10 Home, then I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade through the MS website. The website shows the purchase on my account. When the PC was returned, they had replaced...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement

Windows 10 Pro Activation after motherboard replacement: I just received my HP PC back after the motherboard was replaced. The PC was initially set up with Windows 10 Home, then I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade through the MS website. The website shows the purchase on my account. When the PC was returned, they had replaced...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Not activated after replacing motherboard

Windows 10 Pro Not activated after replacing motherboard: Hi today I replaced my motherboard, and the Windows 10 Pro is not active anymore. I've tried troubleshooting with no results, I had seen through googling there would be a "I've changed handware recently" prompt that has not appeared. My error code is 0x803F7001 and my key...