Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I initially got this laptop in 2016 and it came with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded to Pro for $99. Years later, just yesterday, I took a screenshot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TaylorStaten, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing

I initially got this laptop in 2016 and it came with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded to Pro for $99. Years later, just yesterday, I took a screenshot of what turned out to be my PRODUCT ID thinking it was the key, and did a fresh install. This was because of suspected malware that wasn't being captured by windows defender. I only updated personal files, nothing else.

The install was only for Home apparently, though I didn't see that as a choice when I was downloading the files from the Media Creation tool. I went to go activate Pro and found there was no way to do this, so I shelled out the a additional $99. I had TONS of issues with this new computer showing on Microsoft's website, but finally got that figured out - but still outside of seeing the ORDER and ORDER ID on the website for my account, there was no way to retrieve the Pro license.

I still don't see a way I could have avoided this - there doesn't seem to be a 'backup' option of the key, and the email does NOT seem to include any sort of digital license.

What do I do if I need to do this again? What could I have done differently?

Thanks!

:)

TaylorStaten, Oct 10, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Hello guys,

I'm planning to get a new graphics card and lets just go ahead and do a clean install aswell. Now I have bought a windows PRO key online and my running OS is windows PRO. Now I want to set up my usb to make a clean install. I wanted to use the windows tool to download the PRO version but its not in the drop down box. I have tried selecting different languages but I still couldn't find it. Now my question is, can I use my pro key on a normal windows 10? If so, my problem is solved. If not, how can I download the pro version from the tool?

UPDATE::

Apperently when the install is happening, windows will select the right version depending on the product key version. So PROBLEM SOLVED *Smile Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing :)

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing

1. Windows 10 Pro Format and Clean Install from USB Backup, Pro Upgrade License Missing - Similar Threads - Pro Format Clean

2. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?: Hi,I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed. When I view my Microsoft account and view my devices, my PC is displayed as Windows 10 Pro, but the serial number field just says "System Serial Number," so I assume that means it's a digital license.My PC meets the Windows 11...
  3. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?: Hi,I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed. When I view my Microsoft account and view my devices, my PC is displayed as Windows 10 Pro, but the serial number field just says "System Serial Number," so I assume that means it's a digital license.My PC meets the Windows 11...
  4. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Pro digital license to Windows 11 Pro clean install for free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB: I need to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro via a USB stick in my Lenovo Desktop all-in-one aio 700 series. Product: F0BD003FUS. Serial: P9010FZR. BIOS: O1KKT30AUSI went to this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISOBut found the site...
  6. Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB

Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro via USB: I need to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro via a USB stick in my Lenovo Desktop all-in-one aio 700 series. Product: F0BD003FUS. Serial: P9010FZR. BIOS: O1KKT30AUSI went to this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISOBut found the site...
  7. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?: If i install on my pc windows 7 pro and then upgrading to windows 10 pro does it like a clean windows 10 installation ?The reason is that i installed new clean windows 10 installation but since then i can't play battlefield bad company 2 it crash after the logo and there is...
  8. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?: If i install on my pc windows 7 pro and then upgrading to windows 10 pro does it like a clean windows 10 installation ?The reason is that i installed new clean windows 10 installation but since then i can't play battlefield bad company 2 it crash after the logo and there is...
  9. Upgrading from windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro meaning clean installation of windows 10 ?

10. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Backup

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Backup: I have the latest version 1809 and last update available as of this date. I cannot find a way to run backup without getting an error 0x80070013 eventually during the backup. I have a clean 8TB Seagate drive and get the same message as that on my 5TB Seagate backup drive....