Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - Freezes/Jerks on Random Basis

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - Freezes/Jerks on Random Basis in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello there, I am new here and it's my first post, after searching and reading for the solution which I couldn't find exactly. Let me note down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bells, Feb 29, 2016.

1. bells Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Freezes/Jerks on Random Basis

Hello there, I am new here and it's my first post, after searching and reading for the solution which I couldn't find exactly.
    Let me note down the specifications:
    Machine: Laptop - Dell Vostro 1710
    CPU: Core2Duo T5870 2.0GHz
    GPU: nVidia 8600m GS
    RAM: 4GB

About the issue, I can only tell that it freezes (or jerks) very frequently while working. Most common factors which I think trigger the jerks are the browser (no matter which), video players (no matter which one) or a Skype call.
    • I can't just open more than a few (say 4) tabs before it will start troubling.
    • Watching a video with doing nothing else at all, will start jerking. Where video gets stuck but the jerk also effects audio playback.
    • While Skype remains signed-in all the time, I have noted that an incoming call or a call I try to initiate may trigger the jerk.
    So the machine remains in the jerking state for as long as 30 to 60 seconds. While continuing with work being a web developer, I have to have interaction with the browsers most of the time. So I have to face it pretty frequently like every 2 minutes. It really bothers me as hell as I want to throw this machine away (sure it's an old one). But just want to know if I could fix it or not.

Another thing while the machine stays in jerking mode, it doesn't let me feel that it's stuck, hanged or completely frozen. Likewise, the mouse pointer also can move in jerks like I said above for audio (during a video playback).

While looking at the Task Manager (if in front) during the jerk-state, it shows the process which is currently in use extensively on top with most of the processor usage (not 100% though). The total usage also gets stuck between 80 to 90%, sometimes above 90% or sometime at 100%.

The process which takes the top place is usually the same, I am on. Like if browser triggers it, it takes the top spot in process list. If it's the VLC player, then I'll see it on top with most usage.

First I thought to upgrade memory but the Task Manager didn't show anything with the memory being used extensively. It mostly stays under 60%.

This thing never came up to me with previous versions of Windows including 7 or 8.1.

Hope to have answers for the fixing. Sure if possible.

Thank you

:)

bells, Feb 29, 2016

2. Xbox Jigsaw in Windows 10 jerky movements and freezes

For some reason today Xbox Jigsaw will start out ok and then somewhat freeze up and become unresponsive to my touch screen. Then it will jump and jerk in the movements. I have been solving puzzles successfully with Windows 10 for some time now and am not
    sure what happened. This is on my surface pro tablet.

martalynne, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Time Zone issues with HTC Touch Pro 2

My HTC Touch Pro 2 is changing time zones to pacific on a random basis after I have set it and confirmed that I want it set to eastern time.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Brian Straw, Feb 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - Freezes/Jerks on Random Basis

1. Windows 10 Pro - Freezes/Jerks on Random Basis - Similar Threads - Pro Freezes Jerks

2. Windows 10 pro Freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro Freezing randomly: My PC keeps freezing randomly. Even Task manager couldn't help it. I tried several commands like sfc or dism on CMD it repaired some corrupted files but still freezing randomly when using edge or chrome or simply on sleep mode My Specs :11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700 @...
  3. Windows 10 pro Freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro Freezing randomly: My PC keeps freezing randomly. Even Task manager couldn't help it. I tried several commands like sfc or dism on CMD it repaired some corrupted files but still freezing randomly when using edge or chrome or simply on sleep mode My Specs :11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700 @...
  4. Windows 10 pro Freezing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 pro 64 bits freeze randomly

Windows 10 pro 64 bits freeze randomly: Hi there, first of all I want to apologize, my english isnt very good. About 2 months ago my pc is been freezing randomly, it happens when I am playing or watching a video, some days happen, some days dont. Until now it has never happend in other moment. I cant move the...
  6. Mouse jerks, Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse jerks, Windows 10?: Hello, I have a gaming pc and therefore also a gaming mouse. The mouse is from Boostbox. My problem is that the mouse jerks all the time, so it jumps everywhere when I move it. Does anyone know what to do? TIA Maus ruckelt, Windows 10?
  7. Random small freezes and stutters (Windows 10 Pro)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random small freezes and stutters (Windows 10 Pro): Hey there, Any ideas why there's an occasional random freeze and stutter on my machine? My specs are up to date. Would it be: Number of external hard drives connected? I have 3. My wireless mouse? I've never used a wireless mouse before, so I don't know if it's my...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Reactivation on Daily Basis

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Reactivation on Daily Basis: I have a problem with my PC requiring reactivation on a daily basis. The activation error is 0xC004F050 which suggests that I have changed the motherboard but that is not the case. I can reactivate the Windows 10 Pro account with the Troubleshooter or by re-entering the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Constant Random Freeze

Windows 10 Pro Constant Random Freeze: Hi, I originally use Windows 7, trying to update that to Windows 10 but it does not allow me to. Anyway, I purchase a new SSD (Crucial BX300 480gb) to install Win 10 on it. However, it constantly freezes for no particular reason. Sometimes it freezes when it starts up....
  10. Windows 10 pro, is randomly Freezing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro, is randomly Freezing up: I am using the latest version of Windows 10, pro 64 bit. Windws starts normally, however, after I am logged in for a few minutes, checking email, going to a WEB site, Windows "freezes" The mouse will turn into a small spinning circle, as if it is processing something and...