Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This issue started a couple months ago when I found that my GPU was faulty. I replaced the GPU and started having Windows freeze up solid. The odd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ratpic2_1071, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro Freezing

This issue started a couple months ago when I found that my GPU was faulty. I replaced the GPU and started having Windows freeze up solid. The odd thing about this Freeze up is I can still alt-tab between windows but it will not actually switch windows. I can get the task manager window to pop up but will not display any active apps. I can still move the mouse all over the screen but clicking on anything does nothing. I can tell when the freeze happens because my usb headset loses power which is extremely weird since both my mouse and keyboard are powered by usb and they still have power when the freeze occurs.

I have read everything I can find on this situation. I thought it was a ram issue and swapped the ram out but still same issue. I have tried swapping GPU's ran stress test after stress test. Updated drivers manually and updated the system bios performed multiple clean installs. But time and time again its the same issue.

My system is:

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Corsair H60 AIO

Corsair Vengeance LPX CL16 3200 32GB

Intel 500GB M.2 Boot Drive

WD Black SN750 1TB Secondary

Seagate 2TB Secondary

MSI RTX 2080 8GB Gaming Trio

I am at a total loss and nothing that any forum I find and read seem to help with the issue. I am hoping that someone can truly help and not give me the same information that I have already tried.

:)

ratpic2_1071, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Pro Freezing

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro Freezing

1. Windows 10 Pro Freezing - Similar Threads - Pro Freezing

2. Erratic KB & MOuse Freezes w/ Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic KB & MOuse Freezes w/ Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise OS: Due to the multiple erratic KB & mouse freezes w/ both Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise,... under a full & clean OS installations I'll be rather using either Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 / Windows 10 Pro for Workstations or quite likely I'd rather use Windows Server 2022...
  3. Erratic KB & MOuse Freezes w/ Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erratic KB & MOuse Freezes w/ Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise OS: Due to the multiple erratic KB & mouse freezes w/ both Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise,... under a full & clean OS installations I'll be rather using either Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 / Windows 10 Pro for Workstations or quite likely I'd rather use Windows Server 2022...
  4. Erratic KB & MOuse Freezes w/ Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 8.1 Pro freezes during print preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Pro freezes during print preview: I know this question has been asked before years ago, and I know the windows I am using is extremely old. But I are having an issue with the screen freezing every single time I am printing something. Is there still an easy fix? TIA...
  6. Windows 8.1 Pro freezes during print preview

Windows 8.1 Pro freezes during print preview: I know this question has been asked before years ago, and I know the windows I am using is extremely old. But I are having an issue with the screen freezing every single time I am printing something. Is there still an easy fix? TIA...
  7. Windows 10 pro Freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro Freezing randomly: My PC keeps freezing randomly. Even Task manager couldn't help it. I tried several commands like sfc or dism on CMD it repaired some corrupted files but still freezing randomly when using edge or chrome or simply on sleep mode My Specs :11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700 @...
  8. Windows 10 pro Freezing randomly

Windows 10 pro Freezing randomly: My PC keeps freezing randomly. Even Task manager couldn't help it. I tried several commands like sfc or dism on CMD it repaired some corrupted files but still freezing randomly when using edge or chrome or simply on sleep mode My Specs :11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11700 @...
  9. Windows 10 pro Freezing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Laptop with Windows 11 freezes during video call on WhatsApp when JBL Live 2 Pro TWS...

Laptop with Windows 11 freezes during video call on WhatsApp when JBL Live 2 Pro TWS...: Hi,I experienced a problem 3 times in a row during the video calls via WhatsApp on Windows 11 system while using JBL Live 2 Pro TWS earphones. In the middle of conversation the screen turned black camera light was green at the same time so it didn't turned off? and I couldn't...