Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro full retail licence

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro full retail licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a PC running with a full Windows 10 Pro retail licence. I need to replace this PC it is failing with a new build and I understand I can use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JamesMartin_25, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro full retail licence

I have a PC running with a full Windows 10 Pro retail licence. I need to replace this PC it is failing with a new build and I understand I can use the same licence on the new PC if I uninstall the licence from my current PC. It is on a USB with a product key.

I have two questions.

1. Can I use the MS Media Creation Tool 1909 to install Windows 10 Pro on my new PC and later enter my existing product key to activate Windows when I have fully loaded my programs onto my new PC or do I have to uninstall the licence key first.?
    2. If I uninstall the licence key first from my old PC will it still be useable for a few days/week until I have fully loaded my new PC?

:)

JamesMartin_25, Feb 10, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Get a Windows 10 licence for free if you register on Windows Insider

Yeah.

I installed the preview on 3 computers and I have 2xWin8 pro and 1xWin8 pro WMC licences already. I'm wondering if there will be a way to convert my Win 8 licences to Win 10 ones without having to install the full OS and go through the upgrade route.

I'm also hoping that my retail license will remain retail as I plan to upgrade a little after skylake is released.

silkstone, Feb 10, 2020
  3. migrating windows 10 using windows 8.1 retail licence to new system

I am using my retail licence of Windows 8.1 Pro on my Asus laptop which was purchased with DOS. I have even upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. Now I have purchased another new laptop running on DOS and I want to migrate my licenced windows 10 to new one. I
    will format the old laptop and will install fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with licence key. Can I do it and can update the OS to Windows 10 Pro again on new laptop. Please share details of the steps which should I care while performing this exercise.

RohitThakur87, Feb 10, 2020
  4. neilpzz Win User

Windows 10 Pro full retail licence

Can I Transfer a Windows 10 Pro Retail Licence to a new PC with Windows 10 Home (OEM)

There is a chance the resulting upgraded Windows 10 Pro could become OEM after taking on the licence type of the original OEM licence.

If you go ahead you should be able to check this using the command slmgr /dlv (after the Pro upgrade). If you wanted to make Windows 10 Pro a retail licence then that would require a clean install.

I may be wrong but others have seen the licence type change with an upgrade. It could be even more likely because the retail licence is Windows 8 and the free upgrade period for Windows 8 to 10 was 2015 to 2016.

Just something to be aware of before you start.

neilpzz, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro full retail licence

1. Windows 10 Pro full retail licence - Similar Threads - Pro full retail

2. Transferring a retail Windows 11 Pro licence to a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a retail Windows 11 Pro licence to a new PC: I have an old PC running Windows 11 Pro, "activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". This is a retail licence purchased from the Microsoft Store. This old PC is now suffering from various hardware problems, so I have bought a new one. This has...
  3. Transferring a retail Windows 11 Pro licence to a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring a retail Windows 11 Pro licence to a new PC: I have an old PC running Windows 11 Pro, "activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account". This is a retail licence purchased from the Microsoft Store. This old PC is now suffering from various hardware problems, so I have bought a new one. This has...
  4. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storing retail windows 10 licence: I have an old computer with a retail windows 10 digital license that is associated with my Microsoft account.I wish to sell this computer but keep the license as in the future I am likely to get another computer and want to use this license.Will this license still be...
  5. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storing retail windows 10 licence: I have an old computer with a retail windows 10 digital license that is associated with my Microsoft account.I wish to sell this computer but keep the license as in the future I am likely to get another computer and want to use this license.Will this license still be...
  6. Storing retail windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence

Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence: I want to know how volume licence differ from you other retail licenses and why it is overpriced other than retail license. And i need to know the detailed peculiarities of volume licence over retail license...
  8. Does anyone has legit Windows 10 Home/Pro retail licence?

Does anyone has legit Windows 10 Home/Pro retail licence?: If so, would you like to help me to output the PIDKey like this screenshot? https://s1.bukalapak.com/img/61485852811/w-1000/Best_Product_Lisensi_Windows_7_Sp1_Pro_Original_Retail.jpg 155475
  9. windows 10 Pro retail licence

windows 10 Pro retail licence: Hi, I wanted to use windows 10 Pro retail license for my business but one of the reseller told me that business can only use volume licensing and using a retail license will be a non compliance. i tried looking up couldn't find any information. can anyone please guide...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Full Pack Original Retail Version.

Windows 10 Pro Full Pack Original Retail Version.: To All The MVPs, Need your expert advice / guide point wise on listed below questions on above subject: I am in the process of buying Windows 10 Professional Full Pack Original Retail Version 1. How can I ensure it is Original Retail Version before installation as well...