Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro giving problems on my Toshiba laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Rebooting and coming up with stopcode WHEA uncorrectable error. Is there anything i can do to fix this? Windows10 Pro installed. Can it be that i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HenkGreyling, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.

Rebooting and coming up with stopcode WHEA uncorrectable error. Is there anything i can do to fix this? Windows10 Pro installed. Can it be that i have to install Home instead? Updates on version1903 failing

:)

HenkGreyling, Mar 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 Drivers for Toshiba Laptop

Can someone please get me a list of the required drivers for Windows 10 for my Toshiba laptop.

Also, can someone please assist me with my Toshiba Face Recognition feature? Whenever I try to unlock my computer with my face, it is not recognizing it. There has to be a reason why it isn't working. There is no tape over the webcam lens housing.

My Specs are listed in the Specs area of this forum.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Jesse Williams, Mar 24, 2020
  3. flamer Win User
    No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Pro giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.

1. Windows 10 Pro giving problems on my Toshiba laptop. - Similar Threads - Pro giving problems

2. Windows 10 giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.: Rebooting and coming up with stopcode WHEA uncorrectable error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-giving-problems-on-my-toshiba-laptop/857d8f6d-9376-498e-bf13-0fe94e63551f
  3. Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10: does Toshiba Satelite A665 laptop which has Windows 7 support upgrade to Windows 10 well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-for-windows-10/0408a66a-f509-4a1f-a66a-4daa8f7967ee
  4. Screen Focus Problem on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Focus Problem on Toshiba Laptop: Tishiba laptop, W10Pro The screen on my laptop is very hard to see as focusing seems to be the problem. When watching a YouTube video, for instance, the colors don't appear as sharp as they used to be.. I've tried adjusting focusing myself, and even had a Geek Squad tech give...
  5. Toshiba Laptop will not load Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba Laptop will not load Windows 10: Hi, I have a Toshiba laptop - L50-B-1NL. When I switch my laptop on I get the Toshiba screen but then the dots that go in a circle then the screen goes black. If I move my mouse the blue waiting circle appears or sometimes the arrow cursor. I have looked at the help pages...
  6. Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop

Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop: Hi, hope someone can help me! I left my laptop on overnight about a week ago and when I tried to use it in the morning it was frozen on a black screen. When I rebooted it, it tried to run automatic repair and has been in a loop ever since. I can get to a command prompt and...
  7. Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop

Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop: First about the device: It's a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5209 laptop from 2012. It came preloaded with Win7 Home Premium, I upgraded to Win10 Home in free upgrade program. It's battery can't charge, I'm using it only pluged-in. It appeares to have some software Wi-Fi issues...
  8. My Toshiba laptop with windows 10 "no bootable device"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Toshiba laptop with windows 10 "no bootable device": my laptop will not com on but it is giving me "no bootable device". Also my setup utility setting has enabling buttons but no automatic reset up. And it is sending a message regarding Realtek....
  9. Windows 10 Drivers for Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Drivers for Toshiba Laptop: Can someone please get me a list of the required drivers for Windows 10 for my Toshiba laptop. Also, can someone please assist me with my Toshiba Face Recognition feature? Whenever I try to unlock my computer with my face, it is not recognizing it. There has to be a reason...
  10. Problems with Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Toshiba Laptop: 1.) Sometimes, when logging out, computer makes a sound as if there is an error somewhere. 2.) Occasionally (not all of the time), computer makes a beeping noise when left for standby and mouse cursor fails to respond on time when mouse if wiggled to wake computer up....