Windows 10: Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes

Discus and support Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro. I have tried every suggested solution out there, changing setting, group policy setting, editing the registry and yet no matter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KellyCarroll1, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes

I have windows 10 pro. I have tried every suggested solution out there, changing setting, group policy setting, editing the registry and yet no matter what, after 5 minutes of inactivity it goes to the lock screen. I spend a lot of time of the phone while on the computer and don't always move things, so it is very irritating to repeatedly have to log back in. I don't want a screensaver to pop up, or the screen to go blank, I just want it to stay as is for 20 minutes or so at a time.

:)

KellyCarroll1, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 21, 2019
  3. PJS
    pjs Win User
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes

Windows 10 screen lock

Hi Dale,

Conflicts with the lock screen settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer locks after 5 minutes of idle time. Since you are having an error message in settings that the lock screen settings is hidden, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting
    steps provided by ReynoCampos on August 5, 2015 in this
    thread

After you restart your computer, check the lock screen settings and change the screensaver to your preference.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes

1. Windows 10 pro goes to lock screen after 5 minutes, despite all the recommended changes - Similar Threads - pro goes lock

2. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  3. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  4. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes: Windows 10 my pc goes to lock screen after 2 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after-2-minutes/3a113781-cd60-4193-b3d7-90b743504c6a
  6. windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes: Windows 10 my pc goes to lock screen after 2 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after-2-minutes/3a113781-cd60-4193-b3d7-90b743504c6a
  7. windows-10-pc-goes-to-lock-screen-after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 Laptop goes to lock screen after 5 minutes: Our Laptop keeps going to the lock screen even though we have changed all power settings even advance settings to 'NEVER'. I've even found a previous article with a hidden 'System unattended sleep timeout' which i changed but even that didn't work! We are using Windows...
  9. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  10. Goes to sleep in 10 seconds after lock despite all settings otherwise

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Goes to sleep in 10 seconds after lock despite all settings otherwise: Hello, When I lock my computer, it goes to sleep almost immediately despite changing all settings otherwise. I have tried the following: Change power settings to "never sleep" Set screen saver to "none" and turn off the "wait until x minutes to turn off display"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows goes to lock screen when i prees number 6