Windows 10: windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update

Discus and support windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was having issues with my laptop, which was purchased Sept 2019. Product is an MSI Modern 14, purchased from neweggbusiness. I purchased the product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Britt.anne, Jun 23, 2020.

1. windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update

I was having issues with my laptop, which was purchased Sept 2019. Product is an MSI Modern 14, purchased from neweggbusiness. I purchased the product with windows 10 pro preinstalled. When the BIOS was updated, it began running Windows 10 Home edition. I contacted MSI as well as Neweggbusiness and BOTH companies are giving me the runaround, saying the other installed the Pro version. When using command prompt or Powershell, 10 Home is being shown as the EOM and no other product key is showing. I've looked through all packaging and cannot find a product key for the 10 pro version. I've tried resetting the computer and it's still running Home. I had my windows account connected as well and it shows Bitlocker has storage, which is a feature only available with the pro version. How can I get my Pro version back? This is for business and I need the security features. I've already paid for it when I bought the computer!

:)

Britt.anne, Jun 23, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 23, 2020
  3. BAGZZlash Win User
    MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update

1. windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update - Similar Threads - pro GONE BIOS

2. Activation gone after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation gone after BIOS update: My previos thread was actually ignored, just some formal replies which didn`t helped at all, just imitation. It`s outrageous, unthinkable. After I updated bios my windows 11 activation gone. I tried to get support here and in official "contact support" but nothing helped,...
  3. Activation gone after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation gone after BIOS update: My previos thread was actually ignored, just some formal replies which didn`t helped at all, just imitation. It`s outrageous, unthinkable. After I updated bios my windows 11 activation gone. I tried to get support here and in official "contact support" but nothing helped,...
  4. Windows 11 Pro deactivated after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro deactivated after BIOS update: Hi,My problem is that Windows 11 Pro deactivated itself after I updated my motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon Wi-fi BIOS. I updated it from 7D89v17 to 7D89v18. I haven't done any hardware changes so it should be still active. Troubleshooting doesn't help. I have been using local...
  5. Windows 11 Pro deactivated after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro deactivated after BIOS update: Hi,My problem is that Windows 11 Pro deactivated itself after I updated my motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon Wi-fi BIOS. I updated it from 7D89v17 to 7D89v18. I haven't done any hardware changes so it should be still active. Troubleshooting doesn't help. I have been using local...
  6. Bios after Windows 10 Pro install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios after Windows 10 Pro install: Hi. I have a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5088 that I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on, but i soon found out that my Windows 7 Home Premium activation code does not work. I was wanting to downgrade to Windows 10 Home, but i can't acess my bios on boot. I was going to use the...
  7. Thunderbolt 3 Device Gone After Window Update BIOS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt 3 Device Gone After Window Update BIOS?: I have consistent unhappy results where installed PCIe Thunderbolt 3 cards disappear from Device Manager after install of a Windows Update. I maintain the updates as they come out and for discussion sake this has happened for each update release in 2020. I run 1909 on a...
  8. Windows 10 activation gone after BIOS reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 activation gone after BIOS reset.: Hello everyone, Recently I was messing with RAM overclocking and I overclocked it too much so I had to reset BIOS (Windows 10 wasn't booting up...). I unplugged the power cord from the PC and I took out the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes. I restarted the PC and noticed...
  9. D drive completely gone after windows update and bios update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D drive completely gone after windows update and bios update: Windows just installed an update when I tried to restart my laptop, it also started upgrading my BIOS. After the update my D drive was gone. My D drive is a 500gb internal HDD, it doesnt show up in file explorer, disk management or even in the BIOS, there was no evidence of...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Update Notifications Gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Update Notifications Gone: A long time ago I followed some instructions using gpedit.msc so that I was always asked before updating as I didn't want an update to interrupt me mid work without warning. It was great, even though I pretty much got a notification to update my virus protection every time...