Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro hard disks slow access

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro hard disks slow access in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, a couple of weeks ago I moved from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro (currently version 1809). I have 5 hard disks and windows 10 Pro is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Icks13, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Icks13 Win User

Windows 10 Pro hard disks slow access

Hello,

a couple of weeks ago I moved from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro (currently version 1809).

I have 5 hard disks and windows 10 Pro is doing what Vista 64 bit was doing in that far time I had it.

First

When I turn off Windows, the machine, the case, the hard disk whatever you prefer, continue to run for like 10 second before actually turned off. This didn't happen with Windows 7, with it in fact, when I did start/power/shut down, the screen turned off and the pc as well.
    This delay in turning off, was actually something that Vista 64 was use to do.

Second

This is actually the real pain. With windows 10 pro, it's like if the only hard disk always ready, is C: where the system is installed.
    When:

• I try to get access to one of the other drivers by directly clicking on the icon
    • I try to get access to some folder in the other drivers

The system take its time, nothing really happen. It's like if the other hard disk after sometime get frozen and this is even more evident when I try to lunch a software from one of these folders.
    It also become annoying when for example I've lunched Photoshop, I'm working, I'm taking a break leaving PS open and when I get back and I click on some Photoshop function, nothing happen, I have to wait.
    All this times, you can clearly hear the hard disk where the software is installed, suddenly "run", like if it was in a sort of sleep modality I don't know how to describe it but this is exactly what Windows Vista 64 was use to do at the dawn of its time.

If windows was a person and not a machine, this would be the conversation:

Me: "Hello buddy, please pass me that software on the shelf G"
    Windows 10 Pro: "ZzzZzz...Zzzzz"
    Me: "Yo! I'm talking to you!"
    Windows 10 Pro: "uh? what? who? ah yeah shelf...mmm"
    Me: "Shelf G, the software xxxx!!!"
    Windows 10 Pro: "Yeah yeah, here we go shelf G, software xxx"
    Me: "Thanks"
    Windows 10 Pro: "Zzz...Zzzzz...Srnnk..."

I don't understand why I didn't have this problem with Windows 7 Ultimate.

:)

Icks13, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 16, 2018
  3. No access to external hard disks after last window 10 update

hello Petra

Method 1:

Check whether the external hard disk is detected in Device Manager, right click on it and click on Uninstall the drivers. Plug in the external hard drive again so that Windows automatically installs the drivers. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, go to the External hard drive in Windows Explorer, right click on it and select Properties. Click on the Security tab and then click on Edit and click on Add and type Everyone and press enter. Select Everyone from the list and place a
    check mark in Full control. Press apply and ok and check if you are able to access the External hard drive.

Method 2:

If you are still unable to access your hard drive, I suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned in the following link and try to take the ownership and check:

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670/en-us

Pedro Bruguera, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10

Thats awesome! I wonder just how far we can bend it! for the record the official system requirements for the tech preview are as follows.

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster

• RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)

• Free hard disk space: 16 GB

• Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

• A Microsoft account and Internet access
    which are the same for windows 8 operating systems.

Solaris17, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro hard disks slow access - Similar Threads - Pro hard disks

2. My Hard disk so slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Hard disk so slow: I so today I did a reading test on my hard disk and the result is not so goodthe reading is 81.35 and the writing is 64.97I want to know what is the problem so please tell meI don't want to get bullied from my friend that said your laptop is so bad.Thank you!...
  3. My Hard disk so slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Hard disk so slow: I so today I did a reading test on my hard disk and the result is not so goodthe reading is 81.35 and the writing is 64.97I want to know what is the problem so please tell meI don't want to get bullied from my friend that said your laptop is so bad.Thank you!...
  4. My Hard disk so slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 unable to access external hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 unable to access external hard disk: Hello I wonder if anyone can assist at all? I use external hard disks for storing music and other media multimedia content, as well as for moving data between PCs. Earlier today though, all of a sudden, Windows was unable to access the drive the PC in question referred to as...
  6. Cannot Load Windows 10 or Access the files on a Hard disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Load Windows 10 or Access the files on a Hard disk: My computer does not load windows .. when i connect the disk it shows it locked by bitlocker.. i got the password to unlock but still i cannot access files. is there a way i can troubleshoot this disk and get files?? help...
  7. Is my hard disk slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is my hard disk slow?: my disk is 5400rpm [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-hard-disk-slow/c70b5c37-e612-4b0a-80f4-884011969e43"
  8. windows 10 disk is slow

windows 10 disk is slow: i have an HP 250 G6 Notebook PC and it slow , how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-disk-is-slow/183146af-4596-4b43-bee4-fb4eb0814a4b
  9. Windows 10 slow disk

Windows 10 slow disk: Hello, so I have an HP laptop and it always kinda slow, I don't know how to fix it. My HP model: HP 250 G6 Notebook PC x64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-disk/2d9ce313-5bc7-4618-baf2-0a5cbb2730d3
  10. Windows 10 disk access seems slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 disk access seems slow: I have noticed on a clean install of Windows 10 that disk access is sometimes slower than 8.1.1 by quite a bit. I have a 960 gig Crucial SSD that used to be blazing fast. Sometimes when I click on drove C windows does a search to see what is on it. I have also noticed when...