Windows 10: Windows 10 PRO; hard drive is locked where windows is located

Discus and support Windows 10 PRO; hard drive is locked where windows is located in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 PRO; hard drive is locked where windows is located Windows repair or recovery will not resolve the problem; keep getting msg that the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ernieHW, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ernieHW Win User

Windows 10 PRO; hard drive is locked where windows is located

Windows repair or recovery will not resolve the problem; keep getting msg that the hard drive where windows is located, is locked.

How can I repair this? I'm quite sure that this was caused by a Windows Update on Jan 3 2019.

:)

ernieHW, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 4, 2019
  3. little cat, Jan 4, 2019
  4. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PRO; hard drive is locked where windows is located - Similar Threads - PRO hard drive

2. This is THE answer to a locked question: Where is the Clipboard located on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This is THE answer to a locked question: Where is the Clipboard located on Windows 10?: So many people stating the wrong information... I feel compelled to post the correct information as a benefit to all.To access your clipboard on Windows 10, please understand that multiple cuts and copies before pasting will be lost, save for the most recent one of either...
  3. This is THE answer to a locked question: Where is the Clipboard located on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is THE answer to a locked question: Where is the Clipboard located on Windows 10?: So many people stating the wrong information... I feel compelled to post the correct information as a benefit to all.To access your clipboard on Windows 10, please understand that multiple cuts and copies before pasting will be lost, save for the most recent one of either...
  4. This is THE answer to a locked question: Where is the Clipboard located on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Location of Photos & Videos on Hard Drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of Photos & Videos on Hard Drive in windows 10: My old windows 10 laptop was slow so I changed hard drive and I have its old hard drive in a 2.5" enclosure connected to my Windows 10 laptop with new hard drive. Where do I Find My Pictures, My Music on old hard drive?* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Location of Photos & Videos on Hard Drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of Photos & Videos on Hard Drive in windows 10: My old windows 10 laptop was slow so I changed hard drive and I have its old hard drive in a 2.5" enclosure connected to my Windows 10 laptop with new hard drive. Where do I Find My Pictures, My Music on old hard drive?* Moved from Community Center...
  7. Location of Photos & Videos on Hard Drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Pro and External Hard Drives...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro and External Hard Drives...: Hello, I recently bought a new PC with win 10 pro on board. I was disappointed to find that my Sabrent Dual Hard Drive bay as well as my Inateck external hard drive cable are not recognized by my laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad. I had no issues with either of these external...
  9. "Drive where windows is installed is locked"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Drive where windows is installed is locked": so i ran into an issue where some of the default apps with windows stopped working. i'd had a strange crash/BSOD and i tried a lot of things to fix it - details are here: BSOD reboot loop while playing BF1 System Service Exception i think the apps not working may have come...
  10. Locating Windows 10 update files on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locating Windows 10 update files on hard drive: I have reinstalled Windows 10 so do not have any old Windows 8 residue. I need these files to create a new profile with NTLite for a reduced footprint on any reinstallation. Any ideas, a google search does not really help ? 37740