Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro Hardware Change

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro Hardware Change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Updated my motherboard and now it says Windows isn't activated. Called and the rep said to bad go buy another one. What is this Microsoft? It isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SMSS1, Jan 17, 2021.

1. SMSS1 Win User

Windows 10 Pro Hardware Change

Updated my motherboard and now it says Windows isn't activated. Called and the rep said to bad go buy another one. What is this Microsoft? It isn't like I ever even deactivated it. All I did was change out a component on my PC. It was always still activate. I am not about to buy another one cause your product messed up. Is there a fix for this?

:)

SMSS1, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Kolby65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 pro won't activate after a hardware change.

Hi legs0fsteel,

You might want to check these suggested steps in Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/20530/...

Please let me know if this helped you solve your current issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro Hardware Change - Similar Threads - Pro Hardware Change

2. Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change: Hi thereMy motherboard/cpu died and I have installed a new motherboard and cpu, everything else is the same.I have the message now that Windows is not activated. Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211I have tried the Troubleshoot...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Activation - Hardware Change 0xC004F211

Windows 10 Pro Activation - Hardware Change 0xC004F211: Error 0xC004F211, tried multiple methods and I'm unable to retrieve the key from my windows copy now that the activation is unavailable. Anyone knows some software to retrieve the key without powershell empty read-out and ProduKey. Really been trying to avoid the linux live...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Activation - Hardware Change 0xC004F211

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Activation - Hardware Change 0xC004F211: Error 0xC004F211, tried multiple methods and I'm unable to retrieve the key from my windows copy now that the activation is unavailable. Anyone knows some software to retrieve the key without powershell empty read-out and ProduKey. Really been trying to avoid the linux live...
  5. Hardware change windows 10 pro wont activate ,

Hardware change windows 10 pro wont activate ,: Hardware change windows 10 pro wont activate so i built a new system now my window 10 pro dont work error code 0x803f7001 support chat is just rubbish ask same thing doesnt connect doesent solve...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - hardware change

Windows 10 Pro - hardware change: I had to buy a new motherboard and the processor as the old one was not working. Can I boot the new computer from the old drive with Windows 10 Pro purchased from Microsoft online? Will windows remember all my settings? Will it allow me to access EFS encrypted files? Thank...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I upgraded my hardware just today. Changed pretty much all of it, new motherboard, CPU etc. and now my Windows isn't activated anymore. I get the 0xC004F211 error code. Troubleshooting doesn't help, coming up with "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device."...
  8. Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change

Windows 10 Pro reactivation after hardware change: Hello! I recently replaced my Processor/Motherboard/RAM on my Desktop PC and now I can't reactivate my Windows 10. Also, I get the error 0xC004F025 in the activation window (where I press Troubleshoot). After I select the device I am using, and pressing Activate, it says...
  9. Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.

Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.: I cant activate windows after I switched my motherboard. I ran the troubleshooter here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MVjNHYYhTE Also this picture is taken from https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ should I remove my old pc from my devices?[ATTACH]...
  10. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change

Reactivating Windows 10 Pro After Hardware Change: I got Windows 10 earlier last year in 2018 from the free downloadable installation media to upgrade from Windows 7. Earlier this month, I linked my computer to my Microsoft account in order to use a Digital License because I was going to upgrade components of my PC. I...