Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro /hardware performance issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro /hardware performance issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community , Since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and I'm facing performance issues on my Laptop , it's an old one but good quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mokhtar Ghoniem, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Pro /hardware performance issue

Hello Community ,

Since I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and I'm facing performance issues on my Laptop , it's an old one but good quality

it's toshiba satellite L505 / intel core2 duo T6400 processor with 3 GB RAM , I did all the steps existed in that blog about enhancing the performance of the laptop but everything is still the same .

the option of buy new laptop is not available right now , so I'm thinking about upgrade the hardware , starting by RAM i read that windows 32 bits doesn't read more that 3.* GB of ram and to get use of more ram I need 64x OS , so checking the compatibility of my processor this is what I found >>>>>

Windows 10 Pro /hardware performance issue 738e5cf8-80b2-4e05-aa4e-bb6cb887f6a9?upload=true.png

so Thinking that adding more RAM can improve the performance or not , I'm not sure and looking for help about that .

SOME OTHER SYSTEM INFORMATION WOULD HELP

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer TOSHIBA

System Model Satellite L505

System Type X86-based PC

System SKU Montevina_Fab

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date INSYDE 1.10, 5/5/2009

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 2.87 GB

Available Physical Memory 607 MB

Total Virtual Memory 7.37 GB

Available Virtual Memory 3.92 GB

Page File Space 4.50 GB

another option to improve the performance I think is changing my HDD to SSD which i read it can improve , not sure and need your help ( related to that option , I have the OS with a license connected to my Microsoft account , so my question if i installed a new 64 bit OS I can use the same license ?? )

finally , do you think doing both options would improve a lot the pc performance ( Total of New RAM would be 6 GB , and new SSD 2.5 M2 sata ) ???

Do you need any system information to assist on this ??

thanks for your patience and your help in advance

BEST REGARDS

:)

Mokhtar Ghoniem, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Performance issues with File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Pro /hardware performance issue

Issues with the performance and the connectivity in Windows 10

Hi Krishna,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “connectivity” what is the exact issue you are facing?

2. Did you make any changes in the settings of the system prior to this issue?

As you say that the system is slow and the file explorer doesn't responds well i suggest you to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter which improves the performance of the computer. Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Check if it has improved the performance.
    If you are facing issues with the connectivity I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article and perform all the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps in issues with the performance of the computer and the connectivity.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro /hardware performance issue

1. Windows 10 Pro /hardware performance issue - Similar Threads - Pro hardware performance

2. Big Performance issue of Windows 10 on my old hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Big Performance issue of Windows 10 on my old hardware: Hello Microsoft,I am a very old windows user and currently i am using all windows 7 , 10 and 11 kn different machines.I want to upgrade The pc 10-12 years old with Windows 7 which i installed 6 months earlier instead of windows 10.I had first upgraded my pc from windows 7 to...
  3. Big Performance issue of Windows 10 on my old hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big Performance issue of Windows 10 on my old hardware: Hello Microsoft,I am a very old windows user and currently i am using all windows 7 , 10 and 11 kn different machines.I want to upgrade The pc 10-12 years old with Windows 7 which i installed 6 months earlier instead of windows 10.I had first upgraded my pc from windows 7 to...
  4. Big Performance issue of Windows 10 on my old hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. facing performance Issue in Windows 10 PRO

facing performance Issue in Windows 10 PRO: Case #: 1024032704Created on: Monday, June 14, 2021Description: Customer facing performance Issue in Windows 10 PROpleas call back 9560027991mail id - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Unexpected performance issues despite good hardware

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected performance issues despite good hardware: OS: W10 64bit version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720) Hello. I am having horrible issues playing basically any game. Before starting, 2 "unfortunate" events had happened to my PC: 1. Once (almost a year ago) someone unplugged one of my RAMs (2x4gb) while the PC was turned on and...
  7. windows 10 performance issue

windows 10 performance issue: auto restart and slow one app open take 10 second how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-performance-issue/ae68cf08-d670-4b49-90b3-cb4c6ffc8cd9
  8. Windows 10 Performance Issues

Windows 10 Performance Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, I am having some performance problems on my Acer Aspire 3. The CPU usage is always at 100%, sometimes the hard drive usage is also at 100%, I found corrupted files when using sfc /scannow. The processor is AMD A4, which is a processor I have never...
  9. Windows 10 performance issue

Windows 10 performance issue: Hello, I bought a new laptop with the following configuration 1. 1TB HDD 2. 4 GB RAM 3. Intel i3 8 gen 4. Windows 10 From the start of the day, it's taking more than 20 sec to respond on any action, Like File Explorer, Edge etc I didn't installed any external...
  10. Windows 10 Pro 1709 64 bit performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro 1709 64 bit performance issues: Hello, I have the new PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1709 installed. All the latest updates have been applied. After the computer starts, in about 50% of the times there are no problems, everything is working fine. But in another 50% I have serious performance issues,...