Windows 10: Windows 10 pro help

Discus and support Windows 10 pro help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought a windows 10 pro key but I have an unlicensed windows 10 home hey on my computer. When my friend helped me build my pc he just added in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FasterCrayfish, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 pro help

I bought a windows 10 pro key but I have an unlicensed windows 10 home hey on my computer. When my friend helped me build my pc he just added in the windows 10 home software. Now it won’t let me upgrade when I put the windows pro key in. Is there anything I can do or do I have to return it?

submitted by /u/FasterCrayfish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FasterCrayfish, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Windows 10 pro help

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 pro help

1. Windows 10 pro help - Similar Threads - pro help

2. Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED: Hello,I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED and everytime I load the installer, it always seems to freeze at the 'Starting Windows' point.I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how to fix this issue? I know this is an issue with...
  3. Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED: Hello,I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED and everytime I load the installer, it always seems to freeze at the 'Starting Windows' point.I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how to fix this issue? I know this is an issue with...
  4. Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...: Hello,I've had the worst time trying to activate Windows 11. I upgraded from Windows 10 Education to Windows 11 Education. I didn't have the Windows Education key anymore so I bought a Windows 11 Home key. It turns out you can't use a Windows 11 Home key to activate a Windows...
  5. Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...

Need help activating with either activating Windows 11 Home, changing a Windows 11 Pro...: Hello,I've had the worst time trying to activate Windows 11. I upgraded from Windows 10 Education to Windows 11 Education. I didn't have the Windows Education key anymore so I bought a Windows 11 Home key. It turns out you can't use a Windows 11 Home key to activate a Windows...
  6. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  7. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  8. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Get Help App Window 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Help App Window 11 Pro: I followed a thread that uninstalled Get Help which didn't seem to be working from my Windows 11 Pro 23H2 believing that I could download a 'clean' copy from MS Store. However it is no longer in Store. How can I reinstall it?...
  10. Get Help App Window 11 Pro

Get Help App Window 11 Pro: I followed a thread that uninstalled Get Help which didn't seem to be working from my Windows 11 Pro 23H2 believing that I could download a 'clean' copy from MS Store. However it is no longer in Store. How can I reinstall it?...