Windows 10: windows 10 pro , how to turn off tile menu and block people from installing apps

Discus and support windows 10 pro , how to turn off tile menu and block people from installing apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, For the company computers, I need be able to setup a start menu for all users. I would like to create a short menu (I mean tiles) and all users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamalAtMPD, Feb 7, 2019.

1. windows 10 pro , how to turn off tile menu and block people from installing apps

Hi,

For the company computers, I need be able to setup a start menu for all users. I would like to create a short menu (I mean tiles) and all users should get the same menu. If I can't do this , I have to turn off the tiles menu.

another problem is I reilized when I uninstall apps from windows 10 pro , when somebody else log in and they are able to see the bundle apps and even able to install them again. How do I block them (users) from installing apps?

thanks in advance.

:)

JamalAtMPD, Feb 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 installing progs

It's Microsoft pushing Apps from their Windows Store whether you want them or not. Even on a clean install you will have pending installation of Apps in the Tiles section (A great App awaits) when you click on the Start Menu. Same for me on Windows 10 Professional, ended up with Twitter, Facebook, Candy Crush, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and some others I'm forgetting the name of. Facebook is a new one.

biffzinker, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

windows 10 pro , how to turn off tile menu and block people from installing apps [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Feb 7, 2019
  4. windows 10 pro , how to turn off tile menu and block people from installing apps

windows 10 start menu apps tiles dont work

tiles don't work. already tried:

I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issues.
    Follow these steps to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    and
    To get these apps working again, you’ll need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator

• Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    3. Re-install the Mail, People and Calendar apps from the Store (green tile).

troubleshooter said there is no problem and the power shell gave me some error code.

In and Out ChiropracticDr. Larsen, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 pro , how to turn off tile menu and block people from installing apps

1. windows 10 pro , how to turn off tile menu and block people from installing apps - Similar Threads - pro turn off

2. how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off: so wanted to remove the top apps from the search menu and I turned it off in the settings but it didn't work how to I stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-the-top-apps-from-the-start-menu-off/7867171e-6895-4e0a-8638-7825b41ee0e3
  3. how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i turn the top apps from the start menu off: so wanted to remove the top apps from the search menu and I turned it off in the settings but it didn't work how to I stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-the-top-apps-from-the-start-menu-off/7867171e-6895-4e0a-8638-7825b41ee0e3
  4. people app and tile gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    people app and tile gone?: I just updated KB5001391 Cumulative Update Preview, and I noticed the People app has gone from start menu. Can anyone else confirm? People is still there within the Mail app.....but I don't want to have to open Mail to access People, I want it pinned as a tile. submitted by...
  5. How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu?: I can't find an answer to this anywhere and this is quite literally constantly pissing me off. I have my shit arranged exactly as I want it, but MS periodically thinks I want my start menu rearranged. I DON'T! Is there any way at all to stop this from happening? I'm seriously...
  6. Microsoft People app is missing from the start menu, but it is still installed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft People app is missing from the start menu, but it is still installed: I use people app to sync my contacts on Telegram, but recently i updated my Windows to build 20215 and after that the People app doesn't appear in the start menu. I tried to open people app from Mail app, but it doesn't work. It asks me to install app from Microsoft Store,...
  7. Turn off tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off tiles in Start Menu: I saw how to disable the apps in the Start Menu. Can the tiles be disabled? I have never used them and never will. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tiles-in-start-menu/deb68d78-20e3-4c60-a11f-33eb505ec97c
  8. People App - How to turn off history or clear + history inconsistency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App - How to turn off history or clear + history inconsistency: I would like to be able to either turn off and / or clear the history pane that appears on the right side of each contact in the People App. I've searched and searched and cannot find any way to accomplish this. I must be missing something simple? Surely there are times when...
  9. Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off My People Suggested Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Showing My People App Suggestions in Windows 10 Starting in My People that you might be interested in as developers work to integrate My People support into their apps. This tutorial...
  10. Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10 A tile is a modern apps representation on the Start screen in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. Windows 10 includes a new...