Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro/Hyper-V disconnection issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro/Hyper-V disconnection issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community, Since a few days, I am intensively working with Hyper-V and have issues that I am often disconnected from my session. It happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by M_980, Jan 14, 2019.

1. M_980 Win User

Windows 10 Pro/Hyper-V disconnection issues

Hello Community,

Since a few days, I am intensively working with Hyper-V and have issues that I am often disconnected from my session.

It happens especially, when I am scrolling in PowerShell (I have a Test-environment on my Hyper-V and test PowerShell against AD). So I am scrolling code and bang, I lose the connection. Not sure, if the problem is with the resolution?

I have 3840 x 2160 on the host. It can be, that I am able to work for 3 hours without any issues and then within 10 Minutes, I am kicked out 3 times.

Maybe you had similar experiences or an idea what It could be?

Working on a i7-8750H 2.20 GHz.

Thank you very much for any ideas,

Mike

:)

M_980, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jan 14, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Hyper-V

Only Pro or Enterprise versions can run Hyper-V, in addition to the other requirements listed at the link I provided earlier.

JimWynne, Jan 14, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

If you have Windows 10 Pro and a 64-bit processor, check the other requirements I linked to in my previous post.

JimWynne, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro/Hyper-V disconnection issues - Similar Threads - Pro Hyper disconnection

2. Windows 11 pro in Hyper-V Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro in Hyper-V Issue.: I had issues with my PC and had to reset my Hyper-v. It has been a minute since I had installed it and I had this issue before but I can't remember how it was corrected. So I need help again. Here is a snapshot of what I get when I try to launch Windows 11 pro in Hyper-v.I...
  3. Windows 11 pro in Hyper-V Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pro in Hyper-V Issue.: I had issues with my PC and had to reset my Hyper-v. It has been a minute since I had installed it and I had this issue before but I can't remember how it was corrected. So I need help again. Here is a snapshot of what I get when I try to launch Windows 11 pro in Hyper-v.I...
  4. windows 10 pro and hyper-v

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro and hyper-v: I have to buy another copy of Win 10 pro in order to setup Hyper-V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-and-hyper-v/1cfc575c-745d-4990-88ab-58ff447af7a6
  5. Win10 Pro, Hyper-V VMs not responding after disconnect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Pro, Hyper-V VMs not responding after disconnect: Hi all, this is my first time posting here. I have a slightly unusual way of using my Win10 Professional PC: I have built VMs for individual scenarios (personal computing, professional work, my daughter's PC, etc.) and I have the main PC and all VMs running constantly. I...
  6. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro [solved]

Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro [solved]: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  7. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  8. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  9. Hyper-v keeps getting disconnected with RS1

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-v keeps getting disconnected with RS1: Only user but keep getting disconnected since upgrading Pro N to RS1 Any suggestions? Edit: THOUGHT I found problem. My wifi adaptor on pc had got bridge linked with the hyper-v virtual router and that was confusing things. Also explains why I was getting an internet...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...