Windows 10: windows 10 pro hyper-v vmms failed to start: Access denied

Discus and support windows 10 pro hyper-v vmms failed to start: Access denied in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Tried to restart a virtual machine. Received the following message. An error occurred while attempting to connect to server "desktop name". Check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarryShick, May 10, 2020.

1. windows 10 pro hyper-v vmms failed to start: Access denied

Tried to restart a virtual machine. Received the following message. An error occurred while attempting to connect to server "desktop name". Check that management service is running and that you are authorized to connect to the server.

Tried the command "set-service vmms -startuptype automatic'" in PowerShell. Received the message. Service 'Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management vmms' cannot be configured due to the following error: Access is denied.

Tried the command "start-service -name vmms". Received the error: Service 'Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management vmms' cannot be configured due to the following error: Cannot open vmms service on computer'.'.

:)

HarryShick, May 10, 2020
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, May 10, 2020
  3. Cybot Win User
    Hyper-V Virtual Machines Fail to Start and Initialize after Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1

yeah those and the ones in the link

still getting the could not start and failed to initialize errors.

I did happen to check the system requirements listed by M$ for hyper-v on windows 10 and it does not list any video requirements or say anything about remoteFX, which makes the error I am seeing confusing.

I also ran the systeminfo command while hyper-v was uninstalled, and the lines that needed to be true in order for hyper-v to work were all yes. my next step I suppose, is to go over to my mom's system and see if it will run hyper-v

Cybot, May 10, 2020
  4. windows 10 pro hyper-v vmms failed to start: Access denied

Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization Infrastructure Driver

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Kindly follow these steps.

1. Please check if the hyper-V-VMM and hyper-V-Worker event log in even viewer, check if there's any information about why the VM failed to start;

2. Does the issue occur on the VM alone, or all VMs are unable to be started, if there working VMs on the hyper V host;

3. Is the VM Gen1 or Gen2, if it is Gen1, also check if the VM could access the iso files;

4. On the hyper-v host, please check if it is patched with the latest windows updates, if not, please update the hyper v host.

5. Also check if there's any third-party applications running on the hyper V host, if yes, please turn them off and start the VM again.

Refer:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

Also refer for hyper-V

https://www.itprotoday.com/server-virtualizatio...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, May 10, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 pro hyper-v vmms failed to start: Access denied

1. windows 10 pro hyper-v vmms failed to start: Access denied - Similar Threads - pro hyper vmms

2. Hyper V Fail to start Nestet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Fail to start Nestet: Hey,I'm trying to start my VM on Hyper V.After doing the command to define what RAM I need, also the Network adapter I need to learn At course CCNA, Windows server 2019 module I get this message : How do I Solve this?...
  3. Hyper V Fail to start Nestet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Fail to start Nestet: Hey,I'm trying to start my VM on Hyper V.After doing the command to define what RAM I need, also the Network adapter I need to learn At course CCNA, Windows server 2019 module I get this message : How do I Solve this?...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD due to Hyper-V-VMMS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD due to Hyper-V-VMMS: I have Windows 10 updated to latest patch. I am running Oracle Linux 7 on Microsoft Hyper-V.I am having quite frequent crashes BSOD due to Hyper-V-VMMS.Cannot load a checkpoint configuration: Unspecified error 0x80004005. Checkpoint ID FBB02406-0F46-482E-A055-7AEF0CE6A768-...
  5. Windows 10 BSOD due to Hyper-V-VMMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD due to Hyper-V-VMMS: I have Windows 10 updated to latest patch. I am running Oracle Linux 7 on Microsoft Hyper-V.I am having quite frequent crashes BSOD due to Hyper-V-VMMS.Cannot load a checkpoint configuration: Unspecified error 0x80004005. Checkpoint ID FBB02406-0F46-482E-A055-7AEF0CE6A768-...
  6. Windows 10 BSOD due to Hyper-V-VMMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows 10 pro and hyper-v

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro and hyper-v: I have to buy another copy of Win 10 pro in order to setup Hyper-V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-and-hyper-v/1cfc575c-745d-4990-88ab-58ff447af7a6
  8. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  9. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  10. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access is dnied dism log file can be found