Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro, I'm missing Desktop icons after doing the May update.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro, I'm missing Desktop icons after doing the May update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just update Windows 10 from 1909 to the May update using the Windows update tool. When it finished installing and I rebooted my computer, I got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paulnee2, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Paulnee2 Win User

Windows 10 Pro, I'm missing Desktop icons after doing the May update.

I just update Windows 10 from 1909 to the May update using the Windows update tool. When it finished installing and I rebooted my computer, I got a small message box to say that it did recognize the user and it wouldn't allow me to continue to the desktop. I then rebooted again and this time it did find my user name, but I noticed that half my games shortcuts were missing from the desktop.

Does anyonehave any idea's why this has happened and what I can do to fix it? Thank you!

:)

Paulnee2, Jun 5, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro, I'm missing Desktop icons after doing the May update.

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro, I'm missing Desktop icons after doing the May update.

1. Windows 10 Pro, I'm missing Desktop icons after doing the May update. - Similar Threads - Pro I'm missing

2. desktop icon missing after W11 H22 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icon missing after W11 H22 update: After the most recent W11 H22 update the usual Desktop blue icon is missing. I created a folder. How do I get back the usual desktop icon in File Explorer that I'm used to seeing? Also I would like to reorder the icons but the drag method is not working. Thanks...
  3. desktop icon missing after W11 H22 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icon missing after W11 H22 update: After the most recent W11 H22 update the usual Desktop blue icon is missing. I created a folder. How do I get back the usual desktop icon in File Explorer that I'm used to seeing? Also I would like to reorder the icons but the drag method is not working. Thanks...
  4. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  5. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  6. Windows 10 pro desktop icons missing

Windows 10 pro desktop icons missing: My desktop only shows 1 or 2 icons instead of many. Sometimes the one icon seems compressed. I have tried all typical fixes like scaling and right right clicking on the desktop. Also tried deleting icon cache. Nothing seems to work....
  7. Windows 10 Pro crash after May update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro crash after May update: Hi, I have Mini PC ACEPC AK2. After last update it did not start. I get blue screen saying Windows needs repair. And I will need Windows installation disk. I have downloaded Windows tool from your web site and created installation USB. When I plug it in, nothing is happening....
  8. Missing Desktop icons after doing the May update.

Missing Desktop icons after doing the May update.: I just update Windows 10 from 1909 to the May update using the Windows update tool. When it finished installing and I rebooted my computer, I got a small message box to say that it did recognize the user and it wouldn't allow me to continue to the desktop. I then rebooted...
  9. Windows 10 May 2020 Update -Missing Desktop Icons and No Right Click

Windows 10 May 2020 Update -Missing Desktop Icons and No Right Click: I've just updated a 2015 Lenovo Miix300 to May 2020 version. Details in About are: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 2004 Installed on 29/05/2020 OS Build 19014.264 Serial Number YE0013MJ Windows Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0 Installed quickly with no obvious...
  10. My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?

My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?: My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-missing-after-windows-10-update/a8ed20dd-dd0b-4942-9801-dcec8aaff1a1