Windows 10: windows 10 pro in s mode not able to download outside apps and cant get out of s mode

Discus and support windows 10 pro in s mode not able to download outside apps and cant get out of s mode in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; bought a new computer that had windows 10 in s mode i set up the computer and went to take it out of s mode at the store which it did the computer ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KatyLong1, Oct 13, 2021.

1. KatyLong1 Win User

windows 10 pro in s mode not able to download outside apps and cant get out of s mode

bought a new computer that had windows 10 in s mode i set up the computer and went to take it out of s mode at the store which it did the computer ran without s mode for a few days then all of a sudden reverted back to s mode so i searched around everywhere for solutions and fixes i bought windows 10 pro in s mode because it said you could still download app from elsewhere but i am unable to and i cant get out of s mode im stuck i tried calling microsoft tech support and was put on hold for 2 hours so i gave up

:)

KatyLong1, Oct 13, 2021
  2. cereberus Win User

Enable S mode in Windows 10  

Ok - when time permits, I will have a crack but not at the moment.

As a suggestion, perhaps a guide subsection in the tutorials section mihht be useful i.e. guides like this that are easy enough to follow but assume sone experience?

I have written a couple of guides that people here have happily followed but they do not have every click e.g. I might say "use fix wondows boot problems"using Macrium Reflect, rather than showing every click, putting a reference to the MR Tutorial.

I could video every step and create a video more easily I suppose.

cereberus, Oct 13, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows S Mode

Hello Wanda

The standard steps to switch out of S Mode are listed below, if that does not work for you, then you should create a new user account for that person, using the correct Email address, then log into that user profile and then try again . . .

Open the Settings App

Go to Update and Security - Activation

In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.)

On the Switch out of S mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get button.

After you see a confirmation message on the page, you'll be able to install apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.

DaveM121, Oct 13, 2021
  4. michael Win User

windows 10 pro in s mode not able to download outside apps and cant get out of s mode

Not able to load windows in normal mode.

Hi Guys,

This is really a different problem that I am facing, I am not able to load windows in normal mode,

Been having this problem for a few hours now and have had no success in fixing it. The problem is that the computer will load to the black windows xp page, the bars on that page will load, and then it switches off that screen and prepares to load the desktop, but never does. The screen is frozen black. I can load the computer in safe mode and safe mode with networking, but that is it. I have not seen any error messages during startup/ blue screen.

Please advise.

michael, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 10 pro in s mode not able to download outside apps and cant get out of s mode - Similar Threads - pro mode able

2. cant get out of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant get out of s mode: I cant get out of s mode no matter what I try wont let me download and install chrome or google!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-s-mode/cc4ca648-63d0-4691-a4c3-46fc86a3b998
  3. cant get out of s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant get out of s mode: I cant get out of s mode no matter what I try wont let me download and install chrome or google!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-s-mode/cc4ca648-63d0-4691-a4c3-46fc86a3b998
  4. cant get out of s mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not able to get out of S mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to get out of S mode in Windows 10: I keep getting the following error when trying to get out of S mode. I have tried updating and resetting Microsoft store in settings and then restarted computer with no success either. Waiting a bit does not help :...
  6. s mode - cant get out of

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    s mode - cant get out of: just got a new laptop and i find i have to take off s mode to be able to use it properly. i go to the store and click on 'get'.......and thats it. i get an outline of a box appear, disappear and nothings changed. no install option or any thing. can anyone help me out with...
  7. s mode - cant get out of

in Windows 10 Gaming
    s mode - cant get out of: just got a new laptop and i find i have to take off s mode to be able to use it properly. i go to the store and click on 'get'.......and thats it. i get an outline of a box appear, disappear and nothings changed. no install option or any thing. can anyone help me out with...
  8. s mode - cant get out of

9. windows 10 pro in s mode not able to download outside apps and cant get out of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 pro in s mode not able to download outside apps and cant get out of s mode: bought a new computer that had windows 10 in s mode i set up the computer and went to take it out of s mode at the store which it did the computer ran without s mode for a few days then all of a sudden reverted back to s mode so i searched around everywhere for solutions and...
  10. windows 10 pro in s mode not able to download outside apps and cant get out of s mode

windows 10 pro in s mode not able to download outside apps and cant get out of s mode: bought a new computer that had windows 10 in s mode i set up the computer and went to take it out of s mode at the store which it did the computer ran without s mode for a few days then all of a sudden reverted back to s mode so i searched around everywhere for solutions and...