Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro install from usb to nvme not recognizing the drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro install from usb to nvme not recognizing the drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 pro...from usb to an nvme drive...however during install it does not recognize the drive, and displays no drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lovesmetokyo, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro install from usb to nvme not recognizing the drive

I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 pro...from usb to an nvme drive...however during install it does not recognize the drive, and displays no drives at all...
    --
    i am trying to figure out what driver to download nad extract, because i did so with every one from Dell that makes sence, and however the windows 10 installer does not see any signed drivers...could i please get a link, or someone tell me what driver i need, here is a link to my dell g7 7700 laptop's driver support page:
    --
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...laptop/drivers
    --thank you ever so much!!!

:)

lovesmetokyo, Jan 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Jan 7, 2021
  3. usb drive not recognized

Kirt Pierre

Sat 7/4/2020 4:59 AM

• Microsoft Community

Good Morning Nikhar,
    Do please pardon my late response. You had requested the following information as it relates to

" An external usb 3.0 drive not being recognized" in Windows 10.

As follows:

Thanking you in advance Nikhar for your professional help and feedback.
    Kind Regards,
    Kirt

KirtPierre, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Pro install from usb to nvme not recognizing the drive

Delta6326, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro install from usb to nvme not recognizing the drive

1. Windows 10 Pro install from usb to nvme not recognizing the drive - Similar Threads - Pro install usb

2. Windows 11 installation from USB to bigger NVME SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installation from USB to bigger NVME SSD drive: Hello - I recently got a Crucial T500 NVME SSD and I'm trying to install Windows 11. I have Windows 11 installed on my current SSD this is purely a space upgrade, so I know I don't have any hardware incompatibility, and the installed drive is visible on the install screen....
  3. Windows 11 installation from USB to bigger NVME SSD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 installation from USB to bigger NVME SSD drive: Hello - I recently got a Crucial T500 NVME SSD and I'm trying to install Windows 11. I have Windows 11 installed on my current SSD this is purely a space upgrade, so I know I don't have any hardware incompatibility, and the installed drive is visible on the install screen....
  4. Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive

Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive: Dear Support team,I have installed a new computer with a Samsung 980PRO Nvme drive. The drive is recognized in the UEFI bios.When I launch the Window11 installer there is no driver available to continue installation. In the Command Linewindow I have set the Nvme drive with...
  5. Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive: Dear Support team,I have installed a new computer with a Samsung 980PRO Nvme drive. The drive is recognized in the UEFI bios.When I launch the Window11 installer there is no driver available to continue installation. In the Command Linewindow I have set the Nvme drive with...
  6. NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is: im trying to make a clean install on my Acer Nitro notebook but i cant get it to work.hardware:Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-77VYi7-12700H 2x PCIe Gen4x4 slots and 1x satai have 1x stock 512GB gen4x4ssd and just bought 2x Lexar NM790 4 TB ssd's witch all work fine in windows 11!i...
  7. NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is

NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is: im trying to make a clean install on my Acer Nitro notebook but i cant get it to work.hardware:Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-77VYi7-12700H 2x PCIe Gen4x4 slots and 1x satai have 1x stock 512GB gen4x4ssd and just bought 2x Lexar NM790 4 TB ssd's witch all work fine in windows 11!i...
  8. Windows 10 not installing from USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not installing from USB drive: I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Pop!_OS 20.04 on the same drive with separate partitions. I have gotten as far as to flash the Windows .iso image onto my USB drive but when I choose to boot from the USB I get a blank screen with just a single blinking underline....
  9. Tips for installing Windows 10 Pro onto a new NVMe Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tips for installing Windows 10 Pro onto a new NVMe Drive: Hello, I have just acquired a 500GB Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD. I am wanting to set this up as my boot drive and install Windows 10 x64 Pro. I will do this using the Media Creation Tool, running the Windows setup on a USB. My question: is there anything...
  10. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive: Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I installed a Samsung 970...