Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro install partitioning

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro install partitioning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have downloaded both the August and November 2018 editions of Windows 10 and found that these install disks will not partition the drive correctly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eelstrebor, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pro install partitioning

I have downloaded both the August and November 2018 editions of Windows 10 and found that these install disks will not partition the drive correctly during installation. I can't even change the formatting for the efi partition to FAT32. As a matter of fact, the Windows install disk puts on 2 partitions of the same size and same label - one of them is where the efi partition should be. What's the deal? I've had a similar issue before on another computer and was able to partition the drive using an Ubuntu install disk and partition the drive with gparted. I guess I'll have to do that again.

:)

eelstrebor, Nov 29, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 29, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Pro install partitioning

Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

I had no issues upgrading from your exact OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10. All my partitions from 2 SSD's and 3 HDD's were fine. Windows 10 even kept the custom names I have for the various drives. A clean install on your SSD shouldn't affect your 2TB drive.

InhaleOblivion, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro install partitioning

1. Windows 10 Pro install partitioning - Similar Threads - Pro install partitioning

2. Windows 10 Install Partition Table

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Install Partition Table: Hello,I want to know if this is possible and how to do using diskpart and what commands to useI’m installing Windows 10, I want to know if either the System Reserved Partition or Windows 10 Partition can be logical partitions in my MBR partition table to the...
  3. installing windows 10 into a partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing windows 10 into a partition: so i have been using vmware to virtualize some older operating systems like 95 98 ms dos and windows 10 insider builds but windows 10 dev channel build is not installing on vmware and i want to install it on a drive partition but how windows only installs it on the c:/...
  4. Edit Partition C (Windows 10 Pro)

Edit Partition C (Windows 10 Pro): Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on installing Windows 10 Pro. Dear Sir / Madam, Please tell me when I install Windows 10 Pro and when I get to the partitions I see that partition C (Windows 10 Pro) is the second partition after...
  5. Edit Partition C (Windows 10 Pro)

Edit Partition C (Windows 10 Pro): Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on installing Windows 10 Pro. Dear Sir / Madam, Please tell me when I install Windows 10 Pro and when I get to the partitions I see that partition C (Windows 10 Pro) is the second partition after...
  6. Partitioning the Windows 10 Pro installation hard drive

Partitioning the Windows 10 Pro installation hard drive: Hello, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on installing Windows 10 Pro. Dear Sir / Madam Please tell me when I install Windows 10 Pro and get to the partitions (partitioning) the document partition is the first but I want the Windows partition to be...
  7. Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro

Deleting Partitions Before Installing Windows 10 Pro: I just read a post on which partitions to delete when installing Windows 10. I tried to delete the System drive (549 MB) but it is still there. There is a partition 1 left along with it. Did I do something wrong or should I be formatting the drive so that there is just one...
  8. Windows 10 partitions - instalator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 partitions - instalator: Hello, I have one problem with the attempt to format Windows 10. Namely, the idea is that a few days ago my disk probably starter to corrupt, the system no longer wanted to run, I was getting UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DEVICE bsod and disk was not detectable in the bios. Yesterday I...
  9. Help, Windows 10 Pro not able to create install partition.

Help, Windows 10 Pro not able to create install partition.: I bought a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVM Express drive. I was able to format it as an MBR drive and install the Windows 10 Pro operating system. It booted fine and I installed all of my programs. When I had finished I went to format an old Seagate hard drive that I did not need and...
  10. Windows 10 partition installs?

Windows 10 partition installs?: I have windows 10 build 1511 on a USB stick made by windows media creation tool now when install windows the drive has zero partitions. When i install the copy from the USB stick i end up with 3 partitions one is 450MB (recovery partition) and another partition at 100MB...