Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro installation issues on NVMe SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro installation issues on NVMe SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had a HDD before so I know the 'correct' way to install Windows 10 and didn't have problems in the past. Downloaded tool from Microsoft site onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hadal1337, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro installation issues on NVMe SSD

I had a HDD before so I know the 'correct' way to install Windows 10 and didn't have problems in the past.

1. Downloaded tool from Microsoft site onto USB.
    2. Physically removed HDD from my PC.
    3. Start installation process and select SSD for Windows 10 to install to.
    4. Everything works fine until I get this error
    5. Getting files ready for installation: 93% , then error box popup Windows Cannot Install Required Files 0x8007025D

Things I tried:

• Resetted BIOS to factory/default settings
    • Checked RAM and made sure it's all the way in
    • Disabled CMS in boot, tried it with it enabled too
    • Tried with another USB using Rufus
    • diskpart -> clean

I don't want to convert the disk from GPT to MBR. What should I do next? Is the 970 EVO faulty? It worked fine as a secondary storage with Windows on the HDD.

submitted by /u/hadal1337
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hadal1337, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Issues Installing Windows 7 UEFI on Samsung 950 PRO NVMe SSD

I'm not able to properly install Windows 7 in UEFI on my new Samsung 950 PRO NVMe SSD. After the initial installation process, I get the following error message:

Code: Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation.[/quote] I had already slipstreamed the USB 3.0 drivers into the Windows 7 boot.wim and install.wim files as mentioned in a couple of tutorials I've found online and placed the Samsung NVMe Drivers for Windows 7 on a separate USB drive. Loaded the drivers during install to be able to detect the 950 PRO, continued with the installation, but when it finishes and is supposed to restart and continue with the process, I get this error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated! *Smile Windows 10 Pro installation issues on NVMe SSD :)

EDIT: NVM, I was just able to successfully install Windows 7 on a second attempt. LOL

Flava0ne, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD

I am about to upgrade my HP laptop with a NVMe SSD. My laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 Home Single language in HDD.

I want to install windows 10 into NVMe SSD. I like to know the safest process involved to do so. I went trough some website suggesting to use third party software to clone the OS , do some changes in BIOS setting. Can I just make a recovery USB from recovery
    drive in windows and then boot the laptop and install OS in NVMe and format the C drive in HDD? OR is there any other way ?

GAUTHAM KUMAR MOKA, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro installation issues on NVMe SSD

Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro installation issues on NVMe SSD

1. Windows 10 Pro installation issues on NVMe SSD - Similar Threads - Pro installation issues

2. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe: I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.So right now I'm still using Windows 7...
  3. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe: I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.So right now I'm still using Windows 7...
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installation of Windows on NVME SSD

Installation of Windows on NVME SSD: I have a Inspiron 5570 and need to install Windows 10 on NVME SSD disk. I managed to installed once however on booting was getting 2 options existing HDD & SSD. Screwed around wih BIOS so may not be correct. Renamed Windows on HDD as Windows_old so won't reboot with HDD....
  6. Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd: Hi I am trying to install microsoft windows as a second OS on my brand new PC with M/B: Gigabyte z390 UD and M.2 nvme SSD. This is the only drive installed and it seems that windows cannot detect any drives on my computer, however fedora linux as well as any other works...
  7. Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD

Re-installing windows 10 on new NVMe SSD: I am about to upgrade my HP laptop with a NVMe SSD. My laptop came with pre-installed windows 10 Home Single language in HDD. I want to install windows 10 into NVMe SSD. I like to know the safest process involved to do so. I went trough some website suggesting to use third...
  8. Clean Install Windows 10 on NVMe SSD

Clean Install Windows 10 on NVMe SSD: My system specs are as follows: Microsoft Windows 10 x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.778 I'd like to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on my laptop, which has an Intel NVMe SSD installed as its only drive. On an HDD, I'd simply use Darik's Boot and Nuke (DBAN) or a similar...
  9. NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVME SSD: Do all versions of Windows 10, including business (Volume license), have built in NVme drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvme-ssd/4df34df6-e834-425b-b1c1-716012fe31a6
  10. Windows 10 1809 clean install to m2 NVMe SSD issues

Windows 10 1809 clean install to m2 NVMe SSD issues: Hello! I am having issues doing a clean install of Windows 10 to a new build PC with an onboard m2 card. Once completed on first boot it goes into a loop sequence with an BSOD which diasappears too quickly to read the error report. On checking SRTTrail.txt it appears I have...