Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro installed but need 10 Home key

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro installed but need 10 Home key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a few different issues. I have Windows 10 professional installed but my key is for Windows 10 Home. The other issue is I changed out my HDD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MarcusGuidry1, May 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro installed but need 10 Home key

I have a few different issues. I have Windows 10 professional installed but my key is for Windows 10 Home. The other issue is I changed out my HDD and Motherboard. The HDD and MB both came from a spare PC I already owned. Both PC's had the free upgrade from Windows 7. Both were running authentic windows versions but now I can't activate at all. I've entered the key from the PC I got the parts from also but it did not accept it.

The newer HDD came from a PC that was activated already.

:)

MarcusGuidry1, May 8, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, May 8, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, May 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro installed but need 10 Home key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro installed but need 10 Home key

1. Windows 10 Pro installed but need 10 Home key - Similar Threads - Pro installed need

2. Windows 10 Pro key recognized as a home key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro key recognized as a home key?: hi! I put in my key to activate windows and it says "we found a windows 10 home digital license for this device running on windows 10 pro. to activate using this digital license, you need to install windows 10 home" when its most definitely suppose to be windows pro.. I'm...
  3. Windows 10 Pro key recognized as a home key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro key recognized as a home key?: hi! I put in my key to activate windows and it says "we found a windows 10 home digital license for this device running on windows 10 pro. to activate using this digital license, you need to install windows 10 home" when its most definitely suppose to be windows pro.. I'm...
  4. Windows 10 Pro key recognized as a home key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro with Windows 10 Home NEEDS Windows 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro with Windows 10 Home NEEDS Windows 10 PRO: Hi. My boss bought me and a few other employees Surface Pros with Windows 10 HOME. We have Microsoft 365 and need to be able to login with our work emails in order to connect to our work desktops. When setting up, I was unable to use work email so assuming I need to upgrade...
  6. Windows 10 pro installed but i have key of windows home

Windows 10 pro installed but i have key of windows home: Windows 10 pro installed but i have key of windows 10 home, how to download windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-installed-but-i-have-key-of-windows/a8f7c6e3-1205-4a4b-8b5c-713e2f20816a
  7. Windows 10 pro oem key not activating 10 home new install

Windows 10 pro oem key not activating 10 home new install: I just built a new computer every part is brand new including the case. my friend updated the bios and got it working after i built it. he installed windows 10 home and i purchased windows 10 pro oem for $150 from micro center as a DVD version 1909. it says activation not...
  8. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  9. Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key: Hey all, I recently bought a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. Constant "Activate Windows"in bottom right of screen. Tried to activate, error code, called Microsoft 4 times, finally got an answer..... my key that is installed is for 10 Home, not 10 Pro that's...
  10. Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.

Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.: I have done multiple clean reboots to reinstall windows 10 Home. I watched some videos and followed each one to the T, still not right. I was never given the option to choose which edition to use. After I select troubleshoot it says I have the product key for HOME not PRO....