Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro installed on wrong drive

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro installed on wrong drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new build computer and new Windows 10 Pro installation media. I have two SSD drives, one 128GB and one 256GB. I accidentally installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nonobadog, Apr 18, 2020.

1. nonobadog Win User

Windows 10 Pro installed on wrong drive

I have a new build computer and new Windows 10 Pro installation media. I have two SSD drives, one 128GB and one 256GB. I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro on the 128GB drive successfully. But I didn't want it there - I wanted it on the 256GB SSD.

How do I fix this without losing my license or compromising the install in any way. I don't want to migrate the OS, I want a clean install.

Can I uninstall Windows 10 Pro from the 128GB drive and start all over?

If I can do this I would then make it so the 256GB SSD drive is the only drive hooked up and then install.

:)

nonobadog, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Caring1 Win User

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro installed on wrong drive

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro installed on wrong drive

1. Windows 10 Pro installed on wrong drive - Similar Threads - Pro installed wrong

2. Windows 11 installed on wrong hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installed on wrong hard drive: I just realized that my Windows 11 operating system is installed on the HDD instead of the SSD. I intended to use the HDD as storage for files and backups while having Windows 11 and applications installed on the SSD. I'm assuming that what I will have to do is backup my...
  3. Windows installing on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installing on wrong drive: For some reason when I installed Windows 10 after my Windows 11 installation went a bit weird, my system is no longer registering the drives in the correct order. My Data HDD which is my long term storage and mass storage solution is listed as Disk and is D:: and my main...
  4. Windows installing on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installing on wrong drive: For some reason when I installed Windows 10 after my Windows 11 installation went a bit weird, my system is no longer registering the drives in the correct order. My Data HDD which is my long term storage and mass storage solution is listed as Disk and is D:: and my main...
  5. Windows installing on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Installed Windows on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed Windows on wrong drive: This is all user error but I need to get it fixes. I have 2 drives on my old desktop. When I installed my new copy of windows 10, I mistakenly installed it on the old non solid state drive. It’s taken me all day to figure out that this is why it seems so slow. Can I wipe that...
  7. Installed Windows on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed Windows on wrong drive: This is all user error but I need to get it fixes. I have 2 drives on my old desktop. When I installed my new copy of windows 10, I mistakenly installed it on the old non solid state drive. It’s taken me all day to figure out that this is why it seems so slow. Can I wipe that...
  8. Installed Windows on wrong drive

9. Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive

Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive: I have two SSD drives. I did Windows 10 reinstallation but accidentally installed Windows 10 pro on the wrong drive 120 GB but the other drive is 250GB. Please suggest how I can reinstall Windows?...
  10. Install windows 10 pro new drives

Install windows 10 pro new drives: Hello I have older mbr 1tb drive , 4.5 yr old like To upgrade to GPT 2019 new have installed Ngff pci e 4x New samsung 970 evo 2019 W/ SATA firecuda SHDD flash drive 2 tb drive New. I installed them the computer has found them and all is good working I try to install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which drive is windows 10 installed on?