Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - Installing four separate feature updates.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - Installing four separate feature updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In a business environment, had an AV that was holding Windows 10 updates. Uninstalled the AV software completely and now Windows Update can download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nathanle93, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro - Installing four separate feature updates.

In a business environment, had an AV that was holding Windows 10 updates. Uninstalled the AV software completely and now Windows Update can download what it needs to, however, Windows is trying to download and install four separate Feature updates 1903, 1909, 2004, and 20H2. All of these error out after hours and have provided different error codes 0x80240fff, 0xc1900131.

I have tried downloading the latest build 20H2 from the Microsoft site and update the computer via Windows 10 Update Assistant https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and ran it twice. Both times the Update Assistant failed around 60%.

:)

nathanle93, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 31, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

Defer feature updates in Windows 10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 31, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Installing four separate feature updates.

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - Installing four separate feature updates.

1. Windows 10 Pro - Installing four separate feature updates. - Similar Threads - Pro Installing four

2. from where I could install features separately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    from where I could install features separately: from where I could install features separately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/from-where-i-could-install-features-separately/4d769f9a-ef1a-4169-82b2-df4515a7fca3
  3. from where I could install features separately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    from where I could install features separately: from where I could install features separately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/from-where-i-could-install-features-separately/4d769f9a-ef1a-4169-82b2-df4515a7fca3
  4. from where I could install features separately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 feature update makes Notepad a separate Store app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 feature update makes Notepad a separate Store app: Microsoft recently released another Windows 10 21H2 “Sun Valley Update” test build to testers in the Dev Channel. Build 21337 includes several new features and it is also the first build of the next feature update which makes Notepad a separate Store-updateable application....
  6. Installing Windows 10 to a Separate Drive

Installing Windows 10 to a Separate Drive: Hello. First, my apologies for not being fluent in English. I want to install Windows 10 Pro to a separate drive. Currently I have Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3 Build 9600) in one drive. Let's call the Windows 8.1 Pro drive Sabrent A, and the drive I want to install Windows...
  7. Stop Windows Feature Update v2004 from installing - Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop Windows Feature Update v2004 from installing - Windows 10 Pro: I have Windows 10 Professional and v2004 Feature update installed but caused sleep issues and problems with some of my apps so I rolled it back and went to settings to deferred Feature Updates to 180 days. BUT the next morning [today] v2004 again downloaded and awaiting...
  8. How to keep feature updates separate from security updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to keep feature updates separate from security updates?: For the life of me I cannot find the setting or GPO item to control the display of Feature Update download & install separate from other updates. I have one Win 10 2004 PC where below the normal check for updates, Feature Updates are displayed separately, with a Download &...
  9. Feature Update for windows 10 pro not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Feature Update for windows 10 pro not working: Hi. I have updated to windows 10 pro on my pc and when i try to enable Hyper-v or windows sandbox it will install then after the restart it says unable to install new windows features. please can you help. My specs: i7 9700k water cooled Asus tuf z370-plus gaming with...
  10. Unable to Install Feature Update 1803 on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install

Unable to Install Feature Update 1803 on Clean Windows 10 Pro Install: I had to rebuild my system recently. I used the flash drive I had purchased a few years back for Win10 Pro from a Microsoft store and was able to get it reinstalled successfully. However, I can’t seem to get any of the Feature Updates to take. I have tried letting Windows...