Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a used Dell OptiPlex 7040 with no drives. I purchased a new M.2 SSD and installed it. I purchased Win10 Home and have my key. I downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TreyM 662, Jan 12, 2020.

1. TreyM 662 Win User

Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed

I purchased a used Dell OptiPlex 7040 with no drives. I purchased a new M.2 SSD and installed it. I purchased Win10 Home and have my key. I downloaded all software to create a USB and the ISO to create a DVD. No matter what I use to install, it always install Win10 Pro without any options to install Home. Apparently there is a Win10 Pro Key in the bios. I have tried everything to clear it but to no avail. I read another thread from 2018 that suggested creating a PID.txt file with my purchased key in it and placing the file in the Source folder on the thumb drive. Nothing seems to work. It installs Win10 Pro every time and when I check the activation page it says it is activated. This isn't what I paid for and since I purchased this for my elderly mother to use I don't want her having any issues. PLEASE HELP!

Thread I got my information from: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-instead-of-windows-10-home-was/4333a629-3cce-447c-a6b6-c286c39cd835

:)

TreyM 662, Jan 12, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed

1. Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home was installed - Similar Threads - Pro instead Home

2. Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home: Hello,So I decided to purchase a license for Windows 10 which I've been running on my iMac via Boot Camp. However, it turns out that I may have bought the wrong version. I think for whatever reason, when I selected the option to upgrade, the Store brought me to Windows 10 Pro...
  3. Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home: Hello,So I decided to purchase a license for Windows 10 which I've been running on my iMac via Boot Camp. However, it turns out that I may have bought the wrong version. I think for whatever reason, when I selected the option to upgrade, the Store brought me to Windows 10 Pro...
  4. Bought Windows 10 Pro Instead of Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 Home installed by GeekSquad instead of 10 Pro.

Windows 10 Home installed by GeekSquad instead of 10 Pro.: My system drive failed, so I had the GeekSquad Best Buy do a factory reset. I don't know what they used for installation media, as the factory recovery partition was unreachable. I did everything I could to avoid taking it in. Now my laptop has Win10Home instead of Pro, but...
  6. Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro

Windows 10 Home installed instead of pro: My friend did a clean install of windows. He had windows 10 pro which was activated with his account linked to the key. He forgot that the media he used was fir windows 10 home. When he finished everything it said that windows was activated with a digital key linked to your...
  7. Installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Pro instead of Home: I purchased Windows 10 Pro directly from Microsoft. I downloaded and ran the Media Installation Tool. It did not give me an option to select Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro, it just had the option "Windows 10". I ran it from a computer that was already running Pro, and...
  8. Dowloaded Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home

Dowloaded Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home: I accidentally downloaded Windows 10 Pro instead of Home and I am having difficulty switching to Home. I used a disk my Dad gave me to download it (thanks Dad). I tried the reinstall options that wouldn't delete all of my files and they ended up only allowing me to redownload...
  9. Can you install windows 10 pro instead of windows 10 home?

Can you install windows 10 pro instead of windows 10 home?: Can you install windows 10 pro instead of windows 10 home? I have a full version product key for windows 10 but when i try to install windows 10 the option to check isnt there and i when i modify an ei file and place it in the source folder on the usb of the windows 10 media...
  10. Windows 10 Home instead of Pro

Windows 10 Home instead of Pro: Hi, I'm having an issue trying to install Windows 10 PRO. Right now I have a 7 home version pre-installed, and I'm trying to install Windows 10 PRO with my OEM key. When I download W10 form Microsoft website and create the bootable device, after starting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pid.txt