Windows 10: Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.

Discus and support Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have done multiple clean reboots to reinstall windows 10 Home. I watched some videos and followed each one to the T, still not right. I was never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by alexcameron144, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.

I have done multiple clean reboots to reinstall windows 10 Home. I watched some videos and followed each one to the T, still not right. I was never given the option to choose which edition to use.

After I select troubleshoot it says I have the product key for HOME not PRO.

Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition. d15164bf-5e82-448f-99a4-a5d60fa248a7?upload=true.png

:)

alexcameron144, Dec 16, 2018

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Dec 16, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.

1. Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition. - Similar Threads - pro installed need

2. Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition: I always install Pro edition everywhere. Few days ago I decided to install windows 10 home on my home pc. First thing I observed is that even if you sign in with Microsoft account, you do not need to have password on your account. Also during setup it asks to enter your...
  3. Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition: My laptop has windows 10 home edition. But I required Windows 10 pro edition. So.., is there any options to update my edition. Please help me out with this....
  4. Windows 10 Pro installed but need 10 Home key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro installed but need 10 Home key: I have a few different issues. I have Windows 10 professional installed but my key is for Windows 10 Home. The other issue is I changed out my HDD and Motherboard. The HDD and MB both came from a spare PC I already owned. Both PC's had the free upgrade from Windows 7. Both...
  5. Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...: I recently just finished building my dream pc & managed to get Windows 10 on it without any actual "issues". The only thing I didn't realize until later on was that I originally intended to get Windows 10Home edition & instead I have the Windows 10 Pro edition which I don't...
  6. Windows install, i need home edition i accidentally installed pro

Windows install, i need home edition i accidentally installed pro: I need home edition thats what should be installed to my machine, I had to format the SSD because of an error and then re install. I thought I had pro registered to my account its not its home so i downloaded the installer to install over it with home but every time i try to...
  7. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...
  8. Help with changing windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with changing windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition.: change windows 10 pro edition that is not activated to windows 10 home un activated so I can use a product key to activate windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-changing-windows-10-pro-edition-to/59ef65b3-3351-4c92-8736-52d8ea06034e
  9. Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC

Clean installing Windows 10 Pro on a Home Edition PC: The computer would get a digital license for Pro stored on Microsoft Activation servers and after the first install, subsequent installs of either Home or Pro on that computer would activate without a product key (although the product key for Windows 10 Home is likely...
  10. Change edition, Windows 10 Home to Pro

Change edition, Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi, i have upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. I 'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro edition from usb installation files and not store. After running setup.exe and choosing Upgrade i reach in a screen as this but it says home instead of pro and i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. troubleshoot says i need to change from windows pro to windows home edition

2. installed windows 10 pro but have windows 10 home

3. troubleshoot activation says its a home key but windows pro is installed