Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro is installed but I only have a windows 10 home activation key

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro is installed but I only have a windows 10 home activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got a used computer and it has a valid copy of windows 10 home but the version that is installed is windows 10 pro. I tried to do a clean install but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kieran Stewart, May 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro is installed but I only have a windows 10 home activation key

I got a used computer and it has a valid copy of windows 10 home but the version that is installed is windows 10 pro. I tried to do a clean install but it failed. if I try to use the media creation it just reinstalls pro.

:)

Kieran Stewart, May 29, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 29, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, May 29, 2020
  4. Caring1 Win User

Windows 10 Pro is installed but I only have a windows 10 home activation key

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro is installed but I only have a windows 10 home activation key

1. Windows 10 Pro is installed but I only have a windows 10 home activation key - Similar Threads - Pro installed home

2. Windows 10 pro installed but i have key of windows home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro installed but i have key of windows home: Windows 10 pro installed but i have key of windows 10 home, how to download windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-installed-but-i-have-key-of-windows/a8f7c6e3-1205-4a4b-8b5c-713e2f20816a
  3. Windows 10 pro oem key not activating 10 home new install

Windows 10 pro oem key not activating 10 home new install: I just built a new computer every part is brand new including the case. my friend updated the bios and got it working after i built it. he installed windows 10 home and i purchased windows 10 pro oem for $150 from micro center as a DVD version 1909. it says activation not...
  4. I have a Windows 10 home key I used to install Windows and now its pro and but activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a Windows 10 home key I used to install Windows and now its pro and but activated: Edit: its not* activated since my upgrade I upgraded my motherboard and cpu and pretty much rebuilt my pc and this is the key I originally used to install windows on my pc but list the usb key which I'm assuming is how I got pro installed. If anybody could help me figure out...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Installed, Windows Only Has A Windows 10 Home Key

Windows 10 Pro Installed, Windows Only Has A Windows 10 Home Key: Hello again! After I fixed the boot loop on my Dell Inspiron 3565, I got Windows 10 loaded up, but somehow it won't activate. I tried inputting a product key I had saved from another laptop, but it turns out that laptop ran Windows 10 Pro rather than the Windows 10 Home I...
  6. I have windows 10 pro but windows 10 home is activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have windows 10 pro but windows 10 home is activated: I had genuine windows 10 home and mistakley i installed windows 10 pro un activated and then the laptop is asking me to activate but i dont have product key neither i can buy one , what shall i do ?...
  7. Windows 10 Pro key is not activating as Pro, only Home

Windows 10 Pro key is not activating as Pro, only Home: I have two Windows 10 Pro keys. I have just reinstalled windows onto a clean freshly formatted drive. My original key that was linked to my account was only showing up as a Home install, even though it is a Pro licence. I switched the key to a new Pro key, and I am having the...
  8. Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.

Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.: Just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I have a Windows 10 Pro license that I bought back in 2017 appears in order history in my MS account but I can't find a product key anywhere. What do I do?...
  9. Windows 10 home key activation on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 home key activation on windows 10 pro: Quick question. I have received a computer with Windows 10 pro on it, but it's a pirated windows 10 pro, and because of that I'm facing a few issues. I have a windows 10 home key, but can I activate that key on this PC with a pirated/ non legit 10 pro? Or can I activate 10...
  10. Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Activate Windows.... 10 pro installed, 10 home key: Hey all, I recently bought a refurbished laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. Constant "Activate Windows"in bottom right of screen. Tried to activate, error code, called Microsoft 4 times, finally got an answer..... my key that is installed is for 10 Home, not 10 Pro that's...