Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro is not getting activated after re-install. I purchased Windows 10 Pro...

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro is not getting activated after re-install. I purchased Windows 10 Pro... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here is my situation: My laptop came with Windows 10 Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade on Oct 2018 through Microsoft store and was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sukujgrg, Feb 21, 2020.

1. sukujgrg Win User

Windows 10 Pro is not getting activated after re-install. I purchased Windows 10 Pro...

Here is my situation:

• My laptop came with Windows 10 Home.
    • I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade on Oct 2018 through Microsoft store and was working fine until yesterday 21-Feb-2020.
    • Had a RAM upgrade around one plus year ago and that is the only hardware change.
    • Yesterday I re-installed Windows 10.
    • Contacted Microsoft Support Team over phone.
    • Followed instructions given by Microsoft Team over phone and they did remote login and tried to troubleshoot and it didn't get fixed.
    • Have following error now: Windows 10 Pro is not getting activated after re-install. I purchased Windows 10 Pro... dcd48880-bcb4-47c9-b1bb-de81628c9e4c?upload=true.png
    • Support team told me that they will get back to me after 24 hours.

Before they are getting back to me, just want to ask here for any quick resolution.

Thank you

:)

sukujgrg, Feb 21, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Feb 21, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Pro is not getting activated after re-install. I purchased Windows 10 Pro...

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro is not getting activated after re-install. I purchased Windows 10 Pro... - Similar Threads - Pro getting activated

2. re-installing Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re-installing Windows 10 Pro: I need to do a format and reinstallation of the operating system for my computer the operating system I'm using is Windows 10 pro 64-bit. Because I don't have a disk copy of Windows 10 64-bit pro. How can I get a copy of it without having to buy again. Some people say just...
  3. re-installing Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    re-installing Windows 10 Pro: I need to do a format and reinstallation of the operating system for my computer the operating system I'm using is Windows 10 pro 64-bit. Because I don't have a disk copy of Windows 10 64-bit pro. How can I get a copy of it without having to buy again. Some people say just...
  4. re-installing Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Pro re-installation

Windows 10 Pro re-installation: I bought the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on my PC last year but recently the ssd got damage and I lost the OS. After I installed another ssd and reinstalled Windows I cannot find how to upgrade it again to Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a product key because I bought the digital...
  6. re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    re-activation after reinstall (windows 10 pro): Hi, My mum gave me her Laptop which she had from new. She had upgraded free to windows 10 from 8.1. when I got the laptop I re-installed windows 10 (PRO) and have never been able to activate. I believe she'd had Home version. I do not have a product key but when she gave it...
  7. Windows 10 Pro and this re-activation

Windows 10 Pro and this re-activation: Not a fan of microsoft I one when my MacBook Pro was stolen, which I did off craigslist. Well now This thing is telling me that I need to activate this . Man, this was working fine. What is this, I thought all computers came with every pc today?...
  8. Re activating windows 10 pro

Re activating windows 10 pro: Hi there, I have windows 10 pro on my device and it is deactivated, I entered the product key I have but its not working, I tried the Microsoft store and it has "something bad happen" so, currently I cant use my laptop and all Microsoft applications are stopped working...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Re-activation

Windows 10 Pro Re-activation: product has only been on this PC - I had to swap motherboards and switched SSD but I just bought it less than a month ago - you must be able to check iP address?...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Re-install

Windows 10 Pro Re-install: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro two years ago. My Windows Account shows that my laptop has Windows 10 Pro registered and has a set of numbers which is probably a "digital entitlement." My hard drive crashed and I replaced it, then used the OEM disks to...