Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro - Is the upgrade worth the $100????

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro - Is the upgrade worth the $100???? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop which started as Win7 and I upgraded to win10 and then Win10 Pro died. I just bought a new laptop which came with Win10 Home. Is it worth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnBowden55, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Pro - Is the upgrade worth the $100????

My laptop which started as Win7 and I upgraded to win10 and then Win10 Pro died. I just bought a new laptop which came with Win10 Home. Is it worth the $100 to upgrade to Pro? Is BitLocker worth it?

:)

JohnBowden55, Oct 19, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 19, 2018
  3. GLD
    GLD Win User
    windows 10 worth the upgrade?

I think Windows 10 it is worth the upgrade.

The first Win 10 drivers for both my onboard Realtek Lan and Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty pci sound card released today, 8-18-15. So yes, it is NOW worth the upgrade. *Clap :clap:

4. NTM2003 Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Is the upgrade worth the $100????

windows 10 worth the free upgrade

will windows 10 be worth the free upgrade from windows 8.1 which i have i do have a Xbox one so streaming that on windows 10 on my pc sounds nice but worth it?

NTM2003, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro - Is the upgrade worth the $100????

1. Windows 10 Pro - Is the upgrade worth the $100???? - Similar Threads - Pro upgrade worth

2. 3080Ti - upgrade worth it?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    3080Ti - upgrade worth it?: Hi, there! I have the RTX 3080Ti and use 1440p. I think that 3080Ti is weak nowadays. It isn’t high-end GPU already. So I wonder when I upgrade to 4080, if the performance increase will be mind-blowing? I read some reviews and everything going to 30% better performance than...
  3. Is it worth upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it worth upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10?: I am still thinking whether to upgrade because I have used Windows 10 for years and I have gotten used to it so I don't feel like upgrading to Windows 11 yet. Also, Microsoft will still support Windows 10 until 14th October 2025. What are your thoughts?...
  4. Is it worth upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it worth upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10?: I am still thinking whether to upgrade because I have used Windows 10 for years and I have gotten used to it so I don't feel like upgrading to Windows 11 yet. Also, Microsoft will still support Windows 10 until 14th October 2025. What are your thoughts?...
  5. Is it worth it to upgrade from Revo Uninstaller free to Pro ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it worth it to upgrade from Revo Uninstaller free to Pro ?: I want the uninstaller for two things: (1) I want to uninstall some Windows 10 apps. (2) Be able to remove all the leftover when uninstalling a program. should I get the pro or is the free version adequate ? Is it safe to order from Uninstall Software, Remove programs easily...
  6. Memory upgrade - worth it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory upgrade - worth it?: I’ve a Dell Latitude 5490 with 8GB of RAM. This has an Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated graphics card which uses the main RAM for it’s memory. The 8GB is using one of the 2 DDR4 2400 slots. I’m running this on two displays - a 4K monitor and the built-in Full HD LCD display....
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro stuck at 100% Complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro stuck at 100% Complete: Hello, I started the upgrade yesterday and up until now the screen still shows "100% complete". It is almost 24hrs and the uograde is still not finished. I am not turning off the laptop as it might disrupt the upgrade. I have windows 10 home single language and...
  8. Is It Worth Reinstalling 10 Pro On This Laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is It Worth Reinstalling 10 Pro On This Laptop?: I have a 2013 Toshiba Satellite S50 (specs below) that I only use for traveling (3-4 months/year.) Originally a Win 7 Pro, it was upgraded to 10 Pro. It's painfully sluggish but before I shell out $$$ for a new laptop I'd like to ask if reinstalling or formatting and...
  9. RAM upgrade for EDGE, worth it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM upgrade for EDGE, worth it?: Greetings all, I use Edge as a browser - I moved from Firefox to Chrome to Edge over the years. It's the fastest at the moment. However, it's a memory burner, I constantly have 2-4GB used by Edge when I have several tabs opened and over a few hours the speed just grinds...
  10. Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?: I have Windows 10 Home version. It continually fails to install the 1511 upgrade. I have already spent lots of time on this and am concerned that successfully upgrading will require an inordinate amount of time and effort. An HP support person told me that it is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows 10 pro worth $100

2. deadline to upgrade to windows 10

3. windows 10 free upgrade now

4. cost windows 10 upgrade,
  5. is it worth upgrading from win 10 home to win 10 pro,
  6. upgrade windows to pro for $100,
  7. worth upgrading to windows pro,
  8. is it worth upgrading to windows pro,
  9. is it worth upgradeing from windows 10 to windows 10 pro,
  10. worth the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro?,
  11. is it worth upgrading to windows 10 pro