Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro keeps losing activation. Microsoft wants me to pay to see if they can fix it.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro keeps losing activation. Microsoft wants me to pay to see if they can fix it. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 Pro using a MSDN (I had purchased this subscription) license key for Windows 7 Ultimate. The activation and installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GVKT, Jul 30, 2019.

1. GVKT Win User

Windows 10 Pro keeps losing activation. Microsoft wants me to pay to see if they can fix it.

I updated to Windows 10 Pro using a MSDN (I had purchased this subscription) license key for Windows 7 Ultimate.

The activation and installation works fine, no errors. But...

The Activate Windows notification pops up.

If I go to the Activation Panel in settings and troubleshoot activation, it activates with no errors and the notification disappears. But...

The notifications pops up again in a a day or two! Rinse, repeat. No errors in activation.

But...

If I use the slmgr.vbs /xpr command line in elevated cmd, it pops up "The machine is permanently activated" (even when the Activate Windows notification is up and the Activation Panel says Windows is not activated). slmgr.vbs /dlv gives an activation id, says the product is licensed, etc. Completely normal.

Yet the Activate Windows dance every day or two.

No hardware changes, no errors to re-activate etc.

Microsoft support did a remote access to my machine, found the same problem, verified license key, etc. Escalated to technical support who saw the problem as well but was unable to do anything.

But they want me to open a support ticket for $499 because it is a commercial license and they cannot do anything except via that ticket. To fix a clear Microsoft bug?

Since this is posted as a question, here is my question

Is there any way out of this Microsoft insane procedure to get them to fix a bug on their side?

:)

2. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Jul 30, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Pro keeps losing activation. Microsoft wants me to pay to see if they can fix it.

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro keeps losing activation. Microsoft wants me to pay to see if they can fix it. - Similar Threads - Pro keeps losing

2. Active Window Loses Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Window Loses Focus: Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've...
  3. paying for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    paying for windows 10: Why do I have to pay $189. for a windows 10 when my ipad upgrades me for free... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paying-for-windows-10/8bdf28bc-5e18-4f73-92ae-c49dac79de7d
  4. Windows 10 Pro can not see File Server Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro can not see File Server Drives: I just got a new Windows 10 Machine and trying to connect to a Server 2012 R2 - file server. I can ping the server, but I can not see it in the network nor it's shared drives. The funny thing is I have other Windows 10 machine that have mapped drives to the server and...
  5. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from MicroSoft Store, now Windows wants to activate Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from MicroSoft Store, now Windows wants to activate Windows 10...: Hello, I bought a new HP computer with Windows 10. I wanted 10 Pro, so I did the upgrade for $99 through Microsoft Store. When computer rebooted, Windows is telling me to activate, and on the activate screen Windows is trying to activate Windows 10 Enterprise??? I have no...
  6. How can I activate windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I activate windows 10 pro?: I have trouble with activate my windows 10 pro, because it was automatically install. my original windows was 8. when the windows 10 install automatically I did not receive any product key or something. what should I do now? this is what troubleshoot showing me [ATTACH]...
  7. Resetting PC causes me to lose my activation key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting PC causes me to lose my activation key.: Hello, so I recently reset my Alienware17R4 and I was playing fortnite and every time I launched it and it said there was an error, and I found out it was about my activation key. I lost my activation key and I looked on google to find it back, they said it was on a sticker...
  8. Windows 10 keeps losing time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps losing time: Every day, Windows 10 keeps falling behind a few seconds every day. It starts of at like 0.5 seconds and as the week goes own, falls as far behind as 7 seconds. I have scanned with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender multiple times and nothing was found, my pc is set to sync...
  9. Microsoft Edge keeps losing ALL Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge keeps losing ALL Favorites: It’s getting very frustrating, as Microsoft Edge, in a frequency that is increasing day-by-day loses all Favorites. I have been backing up my Favorites quite frequently using a robocopy script, which follows OPTION 2 of this excellent tutorial. Since version 1803 Microsoft...
  10. Windows 10 Pro keeps forgetting activated status

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro keeps forgetting activated status: Hi, I'm another one to add to the activation casualty list. *Sad I was going to wait for any initial problems had dissipated before trying out Windows 10 Pro but I just couldn't help myself so I decided to give it a go last Friday. Although I had the GWX app icon I...