Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro keeps losing activation. Microsoft wants me to pay to see if they can fix it.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro keeps losing activation. Microsoft wants me to pay to see if they can fix it. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 Pro using a MSDN (I had purchased this subscription) license key for Windows 7 Ultimate. The activation and installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GVKT, Jul 30, 2019.

1. GVKT Win User

Windows 10 Pro keeps losing activation. Microsoft wants me to pay to see if they can fix it.

I updated to Windows 10 Pro using a MSDN (I had purchased this subscription) license key for Windows 7 Ultimate.

The activation and installation works fine, no errors. But...

The Activate Windows notification pops up.

If I go to the Activation Panel in settings and troubleshoot activation, it activates with no errors and the notification disappears. But...

The notifications pops up again in a a day or two! Rinse, repeat. No errors in activation.

But...

If I use the slmgr.vbs /xpr command line in elevated cmd, it pops up "The machine is permanently activated" (even when the Activate Windows notification is up and the Activation Panel says Windows is not activated). slmgr.vbs /dlv gives an activation id, says the product is licensed, etc. Completely normal.

Yet the Activate Windows dance every day or two.

No hardware changes, no errors to re-activate etc.

Microsoft support did a remote access to my machine, found the same problem, verified license key, etc. Escalated to technical support who saw the problem as well but was unable to do anything.

But they want me to open a support ticket for $499 because it is a commercial license and they cannot do anything except via that ticket. To fix a clear Microsoft bug?

Since this is posted as a question, here is my question

Is there any way out of this Microsoft insane procedure to get them to fix a bug on their side?

:)

2. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Jul 30, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Pro keeps losing activation. Microsoft wants me to pay to see if they can fix it.

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro keeps losing activation. Microsoft wants me to pay to see if they can fix it. - Similar Threads - Pro keeps losing

2. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...: I understand what a registry is, but I am not sure a that Norton is just trying to scare people nor that b it cannot be done manually/automatically. This feels like "disk cleanup" in the DOS days. Is it? Please advise!...
  3. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...: I understand what a registry is, but I am not sure a that Norton is just trying to scare people nor that b it cannot be done manually/automatically. This feels like "disk cleanup" in the DOS days. Is it? Please advise!...
  4. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues?: I have Windows 11 Home and I, along with many other users, have been experiencing ongoing issues with Windows Explorer. I've just gotten a tip that upgrading to Windows 11 Pro will fix one of these outstanding issues. Given that Microsoft seems slow, if not reluctant to...
  6. Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Microsoft pay for upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Pro to fix outstanding issues?: I have Windows 11 Home and I, along with many other users, have been experiencing ongoing issues with Windows Explorer. I've just gotten a tip that upgrading to Windows 11 Pro will fix one of these outstanding issues. Given that Microsoft seems slow, if not reluctant to...
  7. I want to activate Window 10 pro ofline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to activate Window 10 pro ofline: I am using command SLUI 4 but there is nothing showing. Then how can i activate the same ofline because of I can not connect with internet to the system....
  8. Can not activate Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can not activate Windows 10 Pro: My HP laptop came with windows 10 Proupdated to1909. At present it has been deactivated. I tried to troubleshoot but didn't work. It shows the error code: 0xC004F074. I have the product id....
  9. Mouse keeps losing focus of active window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse keeps losing focus of active window: Getting super annoying, so what's happening for example is if I'm playing league of legends, or browsing the internet, watching youtube etc the window will become unfocused, requiring me to click inside the window again. This is especially annoying while gaming. I've tried...
  10. can not active the windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can not active the windows 10 pro: I've just bought the new spectre with windows 10 home and also I 've bought the windows 10 pro from reseller in order to upgrade but unfortunately the product key didn't work (0xc0041050). We talk about legal product key. any body can help how to solve the problem ?...