Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro keeps opening a CMD prompt for a split second and alt tabs applications

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro keeps opening a CMD prompt for a split second and alt tabs applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says, the issue is that my fresh install of Windows 10 Pro randomly opens a CMD prompt running avtiwru.exe and instantly closes the prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JovanTomic, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Pro keeps opening a CMD prompt for a split second and alt tabs applications

As the title says, the issue is that my fresh install of Windows 10 Pro randomly opens a CMD prompt running avtiwru.exe and instantly closes the prompt causing it to alt tab my applications. There is no avtiwru.exe in my AppData view hidden items is turned on and MalwareBytes doesnt show any type of issues. I have also done a MalwareBytes Deep/Advanced scan, scanning for rootkits and everything else that lasted for about 3 hours So I'm wondering how can I fix this issue since it's really annoying. . Thanks in advance, Jovan. :

:)

JovanTomic, Jul 27, 2021
  2. cjb4 Win User

Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10

Am I missing something. In 10 Alt+Tab no longer switches between the desktop and open applications. You need to perform an extra step to get to the desktop

3. Cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode

I am using win 10 pro. My initial problem is I cannot display list of wifi networks. I cannot open cmd prompt in admin mode. I've used all the trouble shooting steps on this site and nothing works. Short of throwing this PC out the window is there anything
    else I can try?

MichaelnEvans, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Pro keeps opening a CMD prompt for a split second and alt tabs applications

CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search engine or application is activated.

CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search engine or application is activated. Lately it seems to be getting worse.

* never used cmd functions, never changed registry settings.

* WIN 10, Creators update, 1803 (2018-06-08); OS Build # 17134.165

Please advise. Thanks!

Andre_Sherbrooke, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro keeps opening a CMD prompt for a split second and alt tabs applications

1. Windows 10 Pro keeps opening a CMD prompt for a split second and alt tabs applications - Similar Threads - Pro keeps opening

2. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  3. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  4. Random cmd popup for a split second - cvrduc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random cmd popup for a split second - cvrduc: Hello,This cmd window appears at the top left of my screen every couple of minutes/hours. It pops up every 10-20-30 minutes when playing games and less often when doing office work. The duration of this open windows is around 0.1 seconds, but sometimes I just happen to click...
  5. Random cmd popup for a split second - cvrduc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random cmd popup for a split second - cvrduc: Hello,This cmd window appears at the top left of my screen every couple of minutes/hours. It pops up every 10-20-30 minutes when playing games and less often when doing office work. The duration of this open windows is around 0.1 seconds, but sometimes I just happen to click...
  6. Random cmd popup for a split second - cvrduc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Alt tab breaking applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt tab breaking applications: I tried to play srb2 today, but alt-tab would break the game. And my start menu won't work, as well as explorer. And right-click. Please can someone help me with this?...
  8. Windows 10 Split Screen not prompting to select second window

Windows 10 Split Screen not prompting to select second window: When I use keyboard shortcut Windows key + Left/Right arrow, it snaps and resizes the current window accordingly but does not prompt to select the second screen to display on the opposite side. Once it is snapped, I can use the shortcut again and it prompts to select the...
  9. random cmd prompt keeps opening

random cmd prompt keeps opening: So when I'm using the computer minding my own business a random cmd prompt keeps opening with nothing written on it at the link on top of it it says the usual cmd prompt but then it says something like nutdsr I think so i will try to post a screenshot of it if I can. I'm just...
  10. CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search...

CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search...: CMD prompt keeps flashing (open/close fraction of a second) whenever a navigator or search engine or application is activated. Lately it seems to be getting worse. * never used cmd functions, never changed registry settings. * WIN 10, Creators update, 1803 (2018-06-08);...