Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro on my laptop keeps resetting default apps on each restart. After going through several forum entries, I still can't get an answer. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NK1966, Dec 3, 2018.

1. NK1966 Win User

Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update

Windows 10 Pro on my laptop keeps resetting default apps on each restart. After going through several forum entries, I still can't get an answer. How to fix it?

Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update e58bc21b-1ce3-434b-8d93-ad8dabd97e5a?upload=true.png

Thanks.

:)

NK1966, Dec 3, 2018
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 forgets default apps

I have noticed like not 5mins ago that Winamp just got kicked out of my default apps list in Windows 10 Pro.
    I installed this installation not max 3 weeks ago with fresh downloaded Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft Media Creation Tool, is there a way to fix this bcs I using sfc /scannow don't do a lot for me and I have run it before on this installation.

Before u ask, I have fully updated my Windows 10 with all non-insider/beta updates.

The only thing I have disabled is the uac prompt that popup when u need admin for applications to run bcs it's simply annoying.

I don't remember having all these problems with Windows 8.1 Pro when i was using that and I am really thinking about going back so I can have "fully control" over Windows again with like disabling all the admin crap bcs I feel like it's messing more up and makes things less useful in Windows 10 with all these small problems I have and I read a lot of ppl having problems with various things time and time again where they needed to reinstall Win10 over and over to get it to work fully.

Any advice on how I can get Windows 10 to just work as a "daily driver" without all these small annoying things? *Frown Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update :(

puma99dk|, Dec 3, 2018
  3. navdoc24 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Resetting Default Apps

I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 OS Build 16299.125

I am trying to keep my default applications from reverting back to the Windows "suggested"

I use Microsoft Outlook for my email program and don't need to have it going back to the Mail app.

I use Adobe Acrobat for PDF's and it always defaults back to Edge.

I use Opera for my browser and it always defaults back to Edge

This is an issue that happens multiple time a day.

Does anyone have suggestions or a way to stop this from happening? I have tried multiple suggestions from threads on this site, but none seem to work longer than maybe 2 days.

Thanks

navdoc24, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update

Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update

1. Windows 10 Pro keeps resetting default apps after the last update - Similar Threads - Pro keeps resetting

2. PC keeps resetting itself after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps resetting itself after last update: Hello, After todays update my pc keeps resetting itself. It says its updating and after it reaches 11% - it reboots. Any idea what to do? submitted by /u/myg0t_Defiled [link] [comments]...
  3. "An app default has reset" notifications after resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    "An app default has reset" notifications after resetting Windows 10: After resetting my HP laptop, it shows the "an app default has reset" notifications after doing tasks such as opening Edge for the first time, opening a PDF file for the first time, etc. I can seem to use the laptop normally despite the annoying notifications, so these could...
  4. Default apps and preferences resetting after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Default apps and preferences resetting after update: I just recently installed Windows 10 on my new pc and it already had an update, after the update the following happen after I turn my computer on: -default apps reset to Windows defaults -Chrome browser resets and logs me out of Google accounts -personalization settings...
  5. Windows 10 keeps on freezing after the last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps on freezing after the last update: So last night my PC was in sleep mode and decided that it's time to delete all my progress in few project that I clearly saved and were open while it updated itself.. Since the update the PC is turning on and I manage to work for like 30 minutes to 1 hour and then all of a...
  6. Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update reset my desktop/apps and keeps resetting after every update: A few days ago I did a Windows 10 update on my DELL laptop. When trying to login after the update I could not although I was typing the right password showing the message “user profile can not be loaded”. After solving this problem, I noticed that this update had removed...
  7. Default Apps Keep Resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Apps Keep Resetting: Hi All This is driving me mental. I have the latest, updated, version of Windows 10 and am on a new i7 with 32GB RAM etc. I keep changing my default apps in Window 10 and they keep getting reset… here are some of the examples: .pdf from IE to Acrobat .html from IE to...
  8. Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps

Windows 10 keeps resetting default apps: At least once a week, I have to manually reset the default apps for Photos, Video, and PDF files. The keep getting reset to 'none'. It is not that they are being hijacked by a microsoft app, but rather they just lose the setting altogether. I do not use Edge at all, though...
  9. Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps

Windows 10 keeps reseting default apps: Hello, I'm a IT support technician in a group where we have several hundred of machines with windows 10 1709 Installed (16299.492). I have a problem with a few of them (not all) : Everytime we restart the PC, windows decides to revert the defaults app to default, IE .pdf...
  10. Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Will Reset Default Apps

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Cumulative Updates Will Reset Default Apps: Microsoft has confirmed that the latest Windows 10 cumulative update, KB3135173, resets the default apps after installation, and it looks like future updates will do so to after deployment. And the company has a reason. It’s not because Redmond wants its programs to be used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keeps resetting to default after update

2. windows build 16299.492 default apps reseting

3. windows resets my app default