Windows 10: Windows 10 pro key activated as enterprise?

Discus and support Windows 10 pro key activated as enterprise? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. A few days ago I brought a new SSD & decided to make the switch from Windows 8.1 (Which I had been using on my old HDD) to a fresh install of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GT_Racer, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 pro key activated as enterprise?

Hello.

A few days ago I brought a new SSD & decided to make the switch from Windows 8.1 (Which I had been using on my old HDD) to a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. I used the media creation tool to create a bootable USB drive & installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro.

Once I had got all my software installed & settings back to where I was happy I decided to activate using my Windows 8 Pro key & was surprised to see that it suddenly went from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise.

It still says it's activated & everything seems to be fine still, Just wondering why did switched versions & if this will cause issues in future.

submitted by /u/GT_Racer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GT_Racer, Sep 8, 2020
  2. GAStarr Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise activation key

I upgraded Window 10 Home to Enterprise to enable Remote Desktop. I cannot find and activation key for the Enterprise version. Suggestions?

GAStarr, Sep 8, 2020
  3. lx07 Win User
    Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

You are asking the wrong question. It is (technically) possible to switch your versions around but it is isn't trivial. If you have to ask about what to do with your games I think you are not even close to being able to do it.

You can convert standard Enterprise to Pro but you can't convert an Enterprise Evaluation to anything as it clearly said when you signed up to the program.

So if you have bought a valid 10 Pro key or your PC came with 10 Pro installed anyway, I'd suggest you clean install 10 Pro. (unplug your other drives first).

Don't try using generic keys or anything. It is against the rules of this forum and will not work in any case.

You need a valid key to activate and assuming you do I suggest you use it.

lx07, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Lewis_98 Win User

Windows 10 pro key activated as enterprise?

Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key

Hello,

I would like help with the error code: 0xc004f074

Unable to activate windows

"We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisation's activation server. Make sure that you're connected to your organisation's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation,
    contact your organisation's support person. (0xc004f074)".

Microsoft documentation says that error code 0xc004f074 may be caused due to trying to activate windows with a different versions' key.

Additionally it says windows 10 Enterprise "requires a base installation of Windows 10 Pro (Enterprise)” which is what I have.

"You might see this error if you entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro"

Do you need to first activate a windows 10 pro key and then activate a separate enterprise key?

- Thanks all

Lewis_98, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 pro key activated as enterprise?

1. Windows 10 pro key activated as enterprise? - Similar Threads - pro key activated

2. windows 10 enterprise activation key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 enterprise activation key: where can i get one? cheap? submitted by /u/eeezyynuuu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh95/windows_10_enterprise_activation_key/
  3. windows 10 enterprise activation key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 enterprise activation key: where can i get one? cheap? submitted by /u/eeezyynuuu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh95/windows_10_enterprise_activation_key/
  4. windows 10 enterprise activation from windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 enterprise activation from windows 10 pro: i had bought a enterprise product key and wanted to upgrade it from windows 10 pro but it says cant be activated on this copy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-activation-from-windows-10/0fc56d2d-5227-4694-bb99-3a7e48a499bb
  5. Windows Pro activation problem. Valid key, but showing un-activated Enterprise edition.

Windows Pro activation problem. Valid key, but showing un-activated Enterprise edition.: Hi, I bought a new computer which came with Windows 10 Home. I then paid full price from a major retailer for a Windows 10 Pro upgrade key. Everything went fine and the key was accepted. However it's now saying I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise and it's not activated. Under...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise activation key

Windows 10 Enterprise activation key: I upgraded Window 10 Home to Enterprise to enable Remote Desktop. I cannot find and activation key for the Enterprise version. Suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-activation-key/9d7a87ee-93aa-473c-ab29-9bb5f1c708c4"
  7. Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key

Activating Windows 10 pro with a Windows 10 Enterprise licence key: Hello, I would like help with the error code: 0xc004f074 Unable to activate windows "We can't activate Windows on this device because we can't connect to your organisation's activation server. Make sure that you're connected to your organisation's network and try...
  8. Finding the Windows 10 Enterprise Product Key for activation

Finding the Windows 10 Enterprise Product Key for activation: So, I just upgraded my copy of Windows 10 Home edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition, but for some reason. I got Windows 10 Enterprise edition instead. And now, I get an email from the date of purchase like normal, but there is no product key included and I already had a product...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise asking for Activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise asking for Activation key: I purchased a used laptop for my son who is in college. The laptop met the schools recommended RAM, processor, etc.. He is now getting a constant pop-up asking him for an activation key. What is the best way to handle this situation? Can we just purchase a new Windows disk?...
  10. win 10 enterprise activation key please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 enterprise activation key please: can you supply win 10 enterprise activation key as I wiped my pc to reinstall windows as I was using it for personal use instead of private use though have lost the key. can you supply please?...