Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Ebay like 2 years ago for 5$. I used it to activate my laptops windows which was Windows 10 Home and as expected it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/persheshmefasule, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?

So I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Ebay like 2 years ago for 5$. I used it to activate my laptops windows which was Windows 10 Home and as expected it upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. Everything is working perfectly fine to this day.

I'm looking again for a key on Ebay and it says on some of these: "OUR KEY WILL NOT WORK FOR UPGRADE PURPOSE , WORK ON WINDOWS 10 PRO EDITION ONLY"

The PC im trying to activate also has Windows 10 Home and i want to upgrade it to Pro and I need to know if this is true and why would it be?

submitted by /u/persheshmefasule
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/persheshmefasule, Jan 25, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jan 25, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?

1. Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro? - Similar Threads - Pro key cant

2. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hi I am Shubhang,I was having an old pc with Windows 10 Pro. Its Digital license was linked to my microsoft account.After some time, I have bought a new Laptop running Windows 10 Home. I signed into laptop with same account which was signed into old pc. Now it shows that...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Pro: I have Windows 10 Home pre-installed on my Laptop along with MS Office Home and Student 2019. Will the MS Office Home and Student 2019 still work after I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?...
  4. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I apologise if this has been covered previously and if it has, someone could point me at the post. I've been asked to upgrade a number of machines from Home to Pro. (My only experience is installing Windows 7 Pro using volume licencing upgrading to Windows 10 pro obtaining a...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: the generic key for upgrading an oem home to pro is not working is there another that might work i have a gaming laptop that is a few years old and am trying to do an upgrade from a windows 10 oem copy to a pro key and cant validate either the pro key or the that is given in...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro key

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro key: I've got two laptops: the old one, with Windows 10 Pro (1909) installed after a free update from Windows 8.1 Pro the new one, with Windows 10 Home (1909) installed I've got the Windows 8.1 Pro product key, and I want to transfer it to the new PC. Microsoft support tried...
  7. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with the online Microsoft store. The product key listed in the Activate window in the settings shows a key with all X's in the first four sets of number. The license is also incorrectly showing Windows 10 Enterprise when I...
  8. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...
  9. upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: Hello, I have windows 10 home installed on my pc. I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 pro so I purchased it from windows store. after I purchased it, the installation began and my pc restarted. after that, I went to sitting -> update and security -> activation and it shows that...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro: I have purchased the win 10 version of Pro in the Microsoft Store. I tried to install it and the install failed, I am still running Win Home. I believe this is because I am a Microsoft Insider and it will simply just let me have Windows Home on my computer. Can you help me to...