Windows 10: windows 10 pro keys

Discus and support windows 10 pro keys in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So My desk top PC had windows 7 Ultimate on it and was part of the free windows 10 upgrade program so that got upgraded to windows 10 pro no prob. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jouros, May 6, 2019.

1. Jouros Win User

windows 10 pro keys

So My desk top PC had windows 7 Ultimate on it and was part of the free windows 10 upgrade program so that got upgraded to windows 10 pro no prob. I just bout a year and a half old laptop that came with windows 10 home. Pulled the HDD and used Diskwhipe then reinstalled windows 10. I had an old laptop that died that had windows 7 ultimate on it. I hooked up my old laptops old HDD to my desktop and got its product key (using Produkey) and put that into the windows 10 home laptop to bump it up to windows 10 pro. The thing that concerns me is both the product key for my Desk top that was upgraded to 10 pro at the windows 10 launch and the laptop that I just bumped up to 10 pro now have the same product key according to Produkey. Will that cause issues later on down the road for me? If something happens and I need to re install windows onto one of my computers will activation be an issue? the laptops bios has the windows 10 home product key embedded in it so I have that as a back up and the windows 7 ultimate key to re-bump it back to 10 pro but I just don't want any conflicts if I can avoid them.

:)

Jouros, May 6, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 6, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 6, 2019
  4. windows 10 pro keys

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 6, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 pro keys

1. windows 10 pro keys - Similar Threads - pro keys

2. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  3. Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Activate Windows 11 Pro Key after doing clean install of Windows: I can't activate Windows 11 Pro with the key that I purchased for it after doing a clean install of Windows. It remains stuck at Windows 11 Home Edition.Can someone assist?...
  4. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.: When i put the code in, it says that the key doesn’t work and at the end it says 0xc0000022.What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-key-does-not-work/d474ee44-666d-4a71-80c6-6ec2e490e2b2
  5. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.: When i put the code in, it says that the key doesn’t work and at the end it says 0xc0000022.What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-key-does-not-work/d474ee44-666d-4a71-80c6-6ec2e490e2b2
  6. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  8. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  9. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  10. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...