Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro. LAN and WIFI connection.

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro. LAN and WIFI connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Interfere in asking. my laptop to install windows 10 Pro. Can not connect LAN with WiFi at the same time. Is there a solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phaiboonlomas, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Pro. LAN and WIFI connection.

Interfere in asking.

my laptop to install windows 10 Pro. Can not connect LAN with WiFi at the same time. Is there a solution?

:)

phaiboonlomas, Sep 29, 2020
  2. stevenc47 Win User

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not sure whether it's a Windows problem or Netgear problem. Any suggestions would be helpful.

stevenc47, Sep 29, 2020
  3. James D Win User
    ICS From WiFi to LAN on Win 10 pc

I'm trying to set up a small temporary 6 computer network using all Windows 10 Pro PCs running version 1803.

I am trying to share one computers WiFi connection to the other PCs over LAN using an 8 port smart switch.

I searched extensively and not found an answer, some say it's not supported anymore, some say it is but it's configuration etc.

I've tried bridging the WiFi and LAN adapters, enabling sharing on the WiFi card and enabling all the services. On this part I noticed that the services are listed with numbers 1700 - 17xx instead of the names as on win 7.

I've also gone to services.msc to check for the ICS service but it's not listed and I haven't found a way to install it.

I can config the PCs to use static IPs etc but I still haven't managed to get it to work!

Any suggestions that don't involve more hardware would be appreciated!

James D, Sep 29, 2020
  4. wabbles Win User

Windows 10 Pro. LAN and WIFI connection.

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro. LAN and WIFI connection.

1. Windows 10 Pro. LAN and WIFI connection. - Similar Threads - Pro LAN WIFI

2. Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN: I'm out in the country and have a very poor landline internet connection, the laptop is connected to my home network via a LAN cable. I have better internet connectivity via a mobile phone hotspot, and this is connected via Wifi to the laptop and this is where I want to...
  3. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint: I want to share my internet connection I receive via WiFi with my access point, which is connected to my PC via LAN. When trying to share my connection via "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections"-Properties-Sharing-Allow other network users to connect through...
  4. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint: I want to share my internet connection I receive via WiFi with my access point, which is connected to my PC via LAN. When trying to share my connection via "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections"-Properties-Sharing-Allow other network users to connect through...
  5. Share WiFi connection to LAN AcessPoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 10 Pro won't connect to a Mac on my LAN

Windows 10 Pro won't connect to a Mac on my LAN: On my LAN I have a desktop PC and a laptop both running Windows 10 Pro. I also have two MacBook Pros, one older one running High Sierra 10.13.6, the newer one on Catalina 10.16.7. Both of the Macs have exactly the same network settings, well except for their IP and MAC...
  7. PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues

PC wifi and Lan connectivity issues: (Windows version number: Windows 10 version 1809 (OS Build 17763.973)) So here's my setup. I have a router downstairs plugged into another computer (not mine), and my Pc is upstairs. I use a wifi extender that connects to the router wirelessly, and then I have an ethernet...
  8. Windows 10 1903 wifi, LAN and Bluetooth connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 wifi, LAN and Bluetooth connectivity issues: Hi, the following happened after running the Windows 10 update from 1803 to 1903 on 29 Oct 2019, after shutdown and then boot on 30 Oct 2019: - Could not connect to Wifi network (Broadcom adapter) - Could not connect to modem using ethernet cable to modem (Broadcom adapter)...
  9. Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly: Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not...
  10. Unstable Wifi connection, but LAN is absolutely fine

Unstable Wifi connection, but LAN is absolutely fine: Hi Have been trying to fix this problem myself for a while now but it has got unworkable and I just can't figure it out. I have two computers in the house - desktop is connected to router (D-Link DIR-655) via Cat5e, laptop via wifi. I work from home a lot and the...