Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language) Right after the first setup and downloading all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Heniuro, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Heniuro Win User

Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese

I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language)

Right after the first setup and downloading all the recent updates I purchased the "Pro" upgrade through Settings->Update&security->Activation, in Microsoft Store.

The edition is now Windows 10 Pro.

I downloaded and installed the English (US) language pack, set it as default, including checking boxes in "Administrative language settings"

The operation was successful and the display language is now English, EXCEPT FOR the Windows Update panel (Settings->Update&Security->Windows Update), which is stuck on Chinese, with some texts appearing in English:

Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese a186c465-0eb8-4005-8923-7059e8f01116?upload=true.jpg

In some of the menus, say "Advanced Settings", the texts are also mixed.

Update options, Update notifications, Choose when updates are installed- English, but the texts underneath them are in Chinese.

How do I make it all switch to English ?

:)

Heniuro, Apr 23, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Heniuro Win User
    Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese

I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language)

Right after the first setup and downloading all the recent updates I purchased the "Pro" upgrade through Settings->Update&security->Activation, in Microsoft Store.

I downloaded and installed the English (US) language pack, set it as default, including checking boxes in "Administrative language settings"

The operation was successful and the display language is now English, EXCEPT FOR:
    - Windows Update panel (Settings->Update&Security->Windows Update), which is stuck on Chinese, with some texts appearing in English
    - Edge browser, which is still Chinese
    - some minor popups, like the sound level

Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese [​IMG]

I already tried the solution from this post (2 years old):
    Windows language not completely changed - Windows 10 Forums
    (force Windows to run the setup (OOBE) again, using sysprep)

With the English language pack installed, the beginning of the setup process was in Chinese (the "please wait" message in the middle), then it all switched to English without any prompts, with Cortana speaking in English.
    It didn't ask for a licence key, want through all setups and still, the result remains as in the img. I attached.

Any chance there's some other solution that came up in the past 2 years ?

Heniuro, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Heniuro Win User

The operation was successful and the display language is now English, EXCEPT FOR the Windows Update panel (Settings->Update&Security->Windows Update), which is stuck on Chinese, with some texts appearing in English:

Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese a186c465-0eb8-4005-8923-7059e8f01116?upload=true.jpg

Update options, Update notifications, Choose when updates are installed- English, but the texts underneath them are in Chinese.

Heniuro, Jun 28, 2019
  5. Heniuro Win User

Heniuro, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese - Similar Threads - Pro language change

2. OSK not changing when for Chinese Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OSK not changing when for Chinese Language: Hi,I have installed multiple versions of Chinese on my Windows 11 computer. I made sure to go into the language settings and install the keyboards as well. When I open the OSK the symbols on the number pad change but all of the letters stay in English....
  3. Windows language is stuck in Chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows language is stuck in Chinese: I was given a laptop as a gift from a Chinese friend. But Windows 10 is stuck in Chinese despite my having downloaded English language packs. How do I fix it? I've followed the online instructions without success and have rebooted repeatedly. The language remains Chinese....
  4. Windows language is stuck in Chinese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows language is stuck in Chinese: I was given a laptop as a gift from a Chinese friend. But Windows 10 is stuck in Chinese despite my having downloaded English language packs. How do I fix it? I've followed the online instructions without success and have rebooted repeatedly. The language remains Chinese....
  5. Windows 10 Language Chinese Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Language Chinese Laptop: Dear Community, I've bought the latest Huawei MateBook X Pro 2021 Laptop. This machine is just a pure happiness my opinion. My problem is that the windows 10 installed on it supports only Chinese language. I tried everything to just add another language but CANNOT do it....
  6. Windows language is Chinese

Windows language is Chinese: [IMG]Hello I got a serious problem on my laptop ut shows that and I don't know the language ,I can't even go to the next page ,it takes me back there. Kindly help...
  7. Cant change language from chinese to english after updating to windows 10 pro version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant change language from chinese to english after updating to windows 10 pro version: I bought Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 home single language. Right now i updated it to windows 10 pro to change the language in to english. After downloading english pack and setting it as a default language some parts of the system are still in chinese language. Can someone...
  8. Changing Single Language Chinese WIndows 10 to Single Language English Windows 10

Changing Single Language Chinese WIndows 10 to Single Language English Windows 10: Hello there, I jsut bought a HuaWei laptop in China that already has Windows 10 installed and activated. It is a Single Language Chinese version, that means I cannot change the display language of the OS via Settings. My only option is to install another version of...
  9. Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese

in Windows 10 Support
    Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese: I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language) Right after the first setup and downloading all the recent updates I purchased the "Pro" upgrade through Settings->Update&security->Activation, in Microsoft Store. The edition...
  10. Language change from Chinese Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Language change from Chinese Windows 10 Home: What is the standard procedure to change language in an only-chinese Windows 10 Home version? Is it possible to use the same activation key for a, for instance, english Windows 10 Home by flashing such version? I have received contradictory information and I want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows stuck on chinese