Windows 10: Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese

Discus and support Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language) Right after the first setup and downloading all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Heniuro, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Heniuro Win User

Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese

I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language)

Right after the first setup and downloading all the recent updates I purchased the "Pro" upgrade through Settings->Update&security->Activation, in Microsoft Store.

The edition is now Windows 10 Pro.

I downloaded and installed the English (US) language pack, set it as default, including checking boxes in "Administrative language settings"

The operation was successful and the display language is now English, EXCEPT FOR the Windows Update panel (Settings->Update&Security->Windows Update), which is stuck on Chinese, with some texts appearing in English:

Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese a186c465-0eb8-4005-8923-7059e8f01116?upload=true.jpg

In some of the menus, say "Advanced Settings", the texts are also mixed.

Update options, Update notifications, Choose when updates are installed- English, but the texts underneath them are in Chinese.

How do I make it all switch to English ?

:)

Heniuro, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese

1. Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese - Similar Threads - Pro language change

2. Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese

in Windows 10 Support
    Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese: I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language) Right after the first setup and downloading all the recent updates I purchased the "Pro" upgrade through Settings->Update&security->Activation, in Microsoft Store. The edition...
  3. Language change from Chinese Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Language change from Chinese Windows 10 Home: What is the standard procedure to change language in an only-chinese Windows 10 Home version? Is it possible to use the same activation key for a, for instance, english Windows 10 Home by flashing such version? I have received contradictory information and I want to...
  4. Chinese Language Pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese Language Pack: Hi, after the recent Windows update, the Chinese Simplified language pack doesn't seem to work anymore. I was trying to type in Simplified Chinese but somehow the machine is outputting Traditional characters. I have tried reinstalling the language pack, and restarting my...
  5. upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade chinese windows 10 home to windows 10 Pro English: I recently purchased a laptop from china which has windows 10 home installed on it and I cannot read it. I tried changing the language to English using many different methods and all were unsuccessful. From my understanding the version of windows that I have only allows one...
  6. Changing the Display Language of Windows Pro Problem

Changing the Display Language of Windows Pro Problem: After updating my windows 10 pro, the system has changed the display language to the original language of the system (which is the language that I used when I installed the system for the first time). After the update, I downloaded the English(US) language again, and I tried...
  7. change my chinese language to english

change my chinese language to english: Im trying to change my Chinese system language into English... wont change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-my-chinese-language-to-english/fb1036ee-78ba-455e-a356-8d5d73ebf4ea
  8. Windows 10 pro - Cannot change the display language system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pro - Cannot change the display language system: Hey, I'm trying to change my system language display andit does not work for me. Every time that i choose the option "set as a default" the hebrew language just go up in the list but nothing change, my system display are still English. I read some forums andafter the...
  9. Change Language from Chinese to English

Change Language from Chinese to English: I bought a new computer with Windows 10 OS. But the System language is in Chinese. Can anyone suggest how to change the language to English?...
  10. Office 2016 Language Change (Update Screen Stuck)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 Language Change (Update Screen Stuck): I have office 365 as a shared subscription thanks to my dad, and the programs have helped me when I was at school; a few months back, I had a tutorial file for a video game in a word document format, and some fo the language was in Japanese; word kept pestering me to download...